hey wuts that sport?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Rip the Jacker
Originally posted by: LoKe
Rip the Jacker, would you like me to start tearing into every one of your posts?

And do what exactly? I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi but he is, and he should correct his own posts before telling others to do the same.

There's a different here. Omitting punctuation and capitalization is just semantics, but improperly spelling almost every word, often intentionally, is just lazy and is the reason our language is in such horrible state.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Rip the Jacker, would you like me to start tearing into every one of your posts?

And do what exactly? I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi but he is, and he should correct his own posts before telling others to do the same.

There's a different here. Omitting punctuation and capitalization is just semantics, but improperly spelling almost every word, often intentionally, is just lazy and is the reason our language is in such horrible state.

thnx (covert24) = Thank you.
Congrats (AgaBoogaBoo)= Congratulations.

What's the difference?

Jun 4, 2005

What's the difference?

Congrats is an abbreviated form of Congratulations. "thnx" is not an abbreviation. Hell, there isn't even an "x" in "thanks".

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004

What's the difference?

Congrats is an abbreviated form of Congratulations. "thnx" is not an abbreviation. Hell, there isn't even an "x" in "thanks".

Get on aim.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: CasioTech
Rip just ripped you a new one agaboogaboobojangles.

You need a comma after "one" and a capitalized letter for his name.

You need a period after "Crew"

So do you.

Plus, my signature is not a sentence, it's a title.

So do I? Huh?

Jun 4, 2005
So do I? Huh?

You omitted the period in your sentence. Ironically, your correction was in itself incorrect, but you went on and made an actual mistake yourself.

I can do this all day.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
So do I? Huh?

You omitted the period in your sentence. Ironically, your correction was in itself incorrect, but you went on and made an actual mistake yourself.

I can do this all day.

You can, but it's pointless because I'm not trying to be a Grammar Nazi. AgaBoo* is.

Jun 4, 2005
So do I? Huh?

I can do this all day.

You can, but it's pointless because I'm not trying to be a Grammar Nazi. AgaBoo* is.

You're trying to correct my work, so, in turn, I will correct yours.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Haha, wow, I've been owned even if I don't agree with what he said :D

But this is the Internet, where you are not being "graded" or not required to have proper grammar.
This is ATOT, and we have common standards here. There is a reason why @aol.com addresses weren't allowed in the past for registration.

Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
Congrats :beer: :)

Sorry. That should be Congratulations :beer: :). You fail. Hypocrite.
This was an informal use - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/congrats

/thread

Did you mean "End of thread." ?
/thread is a commonly accepted for the end of a thread, just like QFT.

When you say POS, do you mean for the credit card transactions and/or an inventory system? Drop me a PM, I can point you to someone that can help with all of the above.

When you say point of sale, do you mean for the credit card transactions and/or an inventory system? Drop me a private message, I can point you to someone that can help with all of the above.
The OP had posted using the acronym, POS, and so I continued using it. By the time someone comes to my post, it's assumed that they know what it means; it was in the thread summary.

I think there is a clear difference in the person's intention when you compare posts like mine, and the ones made by covert24 in this thread. If someone wants help, we should see that they have a good intention/attitude, because it's part of being on ATOT. Every now and then we get someone who posts a thread and expects a response with a full answer right away, and replies every few minutes with some kind of stupid remark. In threads like that, people almost always chime in saying that they would have helped, but won't anymore because of the way they posted.

What's the difference?
1. One of them starts with a capital letter, the other doesn't.
2. One of them is the reply from someone who was helped, the other is complimenting someone. If you got help from someone, surely they deserve more than "thnx."
3. I had a beer and smiley face in my post, that carries some weight in my imaginary world.

This is by far one of my favorite threads of the year just because I don't think anyone has ever called someone out for something like this online ;)

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
This thread makes me want to take a dump with all the thread-crapping that's going on.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
So do I? Huh?

I can do this all day.

You're trying to correct my work, so, in turn, I will correct yours.

You're trying to correct my work, so in turn, I will correct yours.
You're trying to correct my work, in turn, I will correct yours.
You're trying to correct my work, so, I will correct yours.

FIXED. Your statement wasn't grammatically optimal.