Hey, what's up everyone?

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I just got my DSL hooked up, so naturally this is the first site I'd visit. Apparently the people in the apartment before us trashed our phone lines.
rolleye.gif

It's nice here, about 72F. I'm working at McDonald's for the moment, but my cousin's husband is trying to get me a job at the local NASA center. I was planning on going to USM here, but since I'm not 24 I'm still conisidered a dependant.

My dad married a rich woman who is most certainly *not* going to give me a dime to go to college, and with her income from stocks and crap, I can't get loans.

Community college it is, then. Not bad, I suppose.

McDonald's sucks, but I got a performance based raise on my first day. The place is pretty slow, and the job is easy, I've just unfortunately had the flu or something for the last week, so I only worked 48 minutes this morning. :)

At last, the neffing can continue.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Well look at it this way--community college is better than no college. At least you won't be working at McDonalds for your entire life. ;)

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Hey man! Glad to see you made it safe and are doing well. A job is a job! :D

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Glad to hear you're back in MS. Looking for a job at Stennis? That place is cool. They let us use some of their land for an experimental site while I was working for the USDA in New Orleans.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: werk
Glad to hear you're back in MS. Looking for a job at Stennis? That place is cool. They let us use some of their land for an experimental site while I was working for the USDA in New Orleans.
I'd be doing satellite data analysis out there. Looking at pictures of stuff and making maps. When someone asks me what I look at, I'd get to say "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.", which is almost worth the 40 mile drive in itself.

I'll be going to the Jefferson Davis campus of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

It's something, anyway.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Originally posted by: werk
I'd be doing satellite data analysis out there. Looking at pictures of stuff and making maps. When someone asks me what I look at, I'd get to say "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.", which is almost worth the 40 mile drive in itself.

I'll be going to the Jefferson Davis campus of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

It's something, anyway.
Cool, I did a lot of work with Satellite Imaging/GIS when I was at the USDA. I think I may still have a 1m color satellite image of new orleans on my old laptop. :)

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
<--- Tupelo, Mississippian here

Great to see you're in Mississippi. Where'd you move from?

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: BlueWeasel

Bedford, Indiana. I'm originally from Biloxi, MS though. I just moved back home after a few years.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: BlueWeasel

Bedford, Indiana. I'm originally from Biloxi, MS though. I just moved back home after a few years.

That's right....I think I knew you were from Mississippi. :D

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Chaotic I'll think about ya when I make my beach trek(s) this year. Maybe stop in at Mickey D's if you're still there. :D Too bad our beaches aren't as nice as Pensacola's though. :(

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
Chaotic I'll think about ya when I make my beach trek(s) this year. Maybe stop in at Mickey D's if you're still there. :D Too bad our beaches aren't as nice as Pensacola's though. :(
Yeah, the beaches here aren't all that great. Better than the beaches in Indiana though. ;)

If everything goes according to plan, I should be away from McDs within the month.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
Yeah, the beaches here aren't all that great. Better than the beaches in Indiana though. ;)

If everything goes according to plan, I should be away from McDs within the month.

Ok, I hope you can get that Stennis job then. I always wanted to take a tour there but never got around to it. I hope your vehicle gets better gas mileage for that 40 mile treck each way that I have to make too. Gas is a major expense for me each month. :(