Hey timers, is your blood pumping again!?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
I here by wish to take this completely out of context:

<< while Red overwhelms you with blow after blow. >>

:--O

dam()

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com

<< Red's like a hurricane, Russ is like a lightening bolt. Russ zaps you with a short but intense strike, while Red overwhelms you with blow after blow.

Harvey's more like a Tasmanian Devil...when you release him on something, both sides usually regret it. ;)
>>

LOL!

Speaking of which, where is harvey?

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000

<< I do not see everything as having homosexual implications Dam >>

double touche!

dam(nice)

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
We had Police Officers, Scientists, Boat builders,Doctors (remember Legion?), etc. The Tech crowd here wasnt in the majority.

Hehe. I fall into two of those catergories. :D

Explain to me how &quot;old school&quot; == leet.

Seems to be the trend now a days, even among the 13 year olds.
Every successive generation should be better adapted and better suited to survive, so much for &quot;old timers&quot; ;)

ahhahah that could be proven right and wrong in many differnt scenarios.
Also its easy to say if you are part of that generation, and I assume you are.

And what was so great about the baby boomer generation?
The kids produced or the parents that came back from WWII?
Id say the kids grew up to be hippies and coke addicts in the 70's, then moved to bad realestate and crack in the 90's.
Next move, utility deregulation and Crystal meth.
;)

The generation that came back from the war was completely brain washed by the govt.
Never seen a bigger herd of sheep.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000

<< Red pulls out his colostomy bag and starts swinging it over his head like a Bolo and says &quot;All right, which one of you young bucks wants some??&quot; >>

Looks like SammySon's going to take you up on that offer.

Watch out, Sammy, Red's liable to punch a hole in that colostomy bag he's swinging if he gets too riled up! :Q

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000

<< Well if it wasn't for that heard of sheep you'd be making that post in German. Don't forget that they also were responsible for building our nation into the most powerful nation in the world and what they had to endure during the deprtession. I doubt that the Baby Boomer would have the cajones to deal with that and I know for certain that the me first BGenX'ers would just die if they didn't have their DSL >>

I agree in part, I will give you this, WW2 generation was the greates generation this country has seen, but because they had all the right ingredients. They had a common enemy to overcome, and dreams to achieve. However, once their time passed and they started to die off, that was something they had not forseen. IMHO, I think the WW2 didnt see past a couple of decades, and did not put enough preassure on their children to strive to out do their generation. The result? A generation that was pretty much the equibalent of breeding bunnys. They ate, they slept, they procreated at an enormous rate, saturating society with all sort of creatures. The baby boomers tried to ride the WW2 bandwagon and as a result we have the X/Y generation.

dam(i just got out of a final, thinking hurts :--( )

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000

<< Hey Sammyson's OK, we just happen to disagree a little. >>

Red, I have just never seen you disagree with someone just &quot;a little&quot; before, this is a first for me! ;)

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
<<Are you saying that I am windy? >>

<<You want nidictive Flames or fun Flames? I'm full of gas (you know how it is with us old farts) >>

Hmm, yep. You're windy.
;)

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
RGN, I think a better question would be, &quot;Who the hell are you, and what do you have to contribute to the discussion?&quot;

I don't care if he disagrees, he puts up a logical and thought out post.
He has a different perspective then I do, and there should be respect on that, no matter who it is.

I agree the WWII generation did develop the nation and provide the capital and people to service its engine today. I think now adays there is no common goal in America, except for money, money money money, that evil stuff.
Through recent history there have always been major wars that the US has fought in, which brings the nation togeather and boosts the economy like nothing else.
Kids today may be getting soft, but why should the nation need a war to bring itself togeather? I find that rather morbid and shines with human self-destruction.
I think that today kids have more tolerance for human rights, racial boundaries are being crossed that no one would even LOOK at in the 50's.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999

<< << Red's like a hurricane >>

Are you saying that I am windy?
>>

Well, you are an old fart aren't you? ;) Makes me think of something one of my best friends used to say... Her idea of the perfect husband was a rich old man with one foot in the grave and one foot on a banana peel. :Q

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
Did somebody say college football! This feels funny but the pedulumn has swung. If anything can ride a tide and come out on top its a Beaver! Watch out there is a new kid on the block. And we have Dennis Ericson!

Come on Red, you still must be shell shocked, or did you just hear the war stories from your big brother? Us babyboomers aren't as bad as you make out. We are trying to salvage the mess handed by you all. Sure you beat Hitler, but you turned over half the world to Stalin and Mao, Thanks for the favor! You all got us mired in Vietnam and then blamed the teenagers that were dying in mud for losing the war. When in reality it was the fat cat WWII generation that couldn't sh!t or get off the pot. You all went out raped and pillaged the environment for your retirement funds and now sit around and spoil the grand kids! But again it is your worthless kids that are to blame. Other then that, you are pertty much right. Many in my generation seem to have missed the parenting boat! that nonsence about no spanking is biting us all in the back side now.

BTW: I always felt that two quick swats on the rear were occansonly needed to get attention. My two genX'ers (23 &amp; 20) are boys to be proud of. One will be getting his BS in computer engineering from CMU this month,( I'ed lile to GWB do that!) and the other is completing his junior yr at Lehigh. And this is from a broken family.

kamiam

Banned
Dec 12, 1999

<< Coming from somebody that lives in Oroville that's a compliment >>

you misspelled Horrorville Red

or is it Whoreville... I always get it confused:Q

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ross, the Tide was 3-8 last year. The Bear rolled in his grave and people were hanging themselves all over Alabama. Mass hysteria.

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
Rio: I missed that. It was so amazing to have a competitive team at OSU that I saw little else. I still think of Alabama = football. For the fans sake I hope it doesn't take 28 yrs to turn it around like it did at OSU.