Hey Outhouse, you have Mineral rights and royalties to a producing oil well, PSYCH!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OutHouse, Aug 13, 2012.

1. OutHouse

OutHouse Lifer

man what a roller coaster ride today. on Sat i get a letter, Division order and W9 in the mail stating i have mineral rights to a oil well near my house and to sign all papers and mail back to them.. i researched the shit out of it even found the well online. shit is real here check this out. I even drove out to the well and took a pic of it. the sinage on the well is the same company that sent me the letter.

Zoom out....
    http://www.eser.org/helgoth-heirs-2...-resources-llc-weld-county-colorado-2n-66w-24

i called the firm this morning. and the lady who signed the letter answered the phone she talked to me in detail about this. turns out some old rich guy died in 2009 and the company who wrote me is managing his oil field estate. BP turned their lease over to Anadarko and did not give Anadarko any info on who owns the mineral rights and royalties. so this company spent god knows how many hours tracking down the owners of the mineral rights in that area. So their research showed i owned the mineral rights to the well. Im like WOOT!!! all weekend!!!!

This lady could not find my file (her assistant was not in yet) so could not give me specifics about how i have mineral rights. she highly suggested that I just sign the form and send it in, if did not then at the end of the year she would have to send the money to the state as unclaimed money.

so cool i signed the forms put them in a envelope and ill drop it off at lunch.

but something was not adding up, you know that little tickle you get when things are not right. because i know for a fact when i bought my house in 1997 the contract excluded mineral rights.

So i called this firm back and asked her point blank what they found in their research that said i have mineral rights. well she didnt know so she went to find my file. 5 min go by and she comes back to the phone and said she cant find my file and would call me back.

15 minutes later she calls me and found my file. turns out the developer i bought my house from way back in 1997 had some typos on the deeds. some said EXCEPT MINERAL RIGHTS and some did not. that was the issue some property sold did not have that exclusion of mineral rights, so my file was sitting on the lawyers desk and is why she could not find it. DAMN! so i received the letter in error..

<< going to have a liquid lunch today.

#1 OutHouse, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  2. sunzt

sunzt Diamond Member

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close.... yet...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

far.

A six letter word (Except) killed your lottery ticket.

3. dfuze

dfuze Lifer

That really sucks.

Was the lawyer trying to find a way to have it removed from the other's contracts?

4. darkswordsman17

That's a bummer man.

5. darkewaffle

darkewaffle Diamond Member

As a kid I always thought it was "Sike!"

6. SMOGZINN

SMOGZINN Diamond Member

Do you have a copy of that contract? You need to look at it. It does not matter what they WANT the contract to say, it matters what the contract you signed ACTUALLY says. If your contract does not exclude mineral rights, guess what.

7. Train

Train Lifer

lol me too.

8. Train

Train Lifer

I don't get it, so are they reopening the oil well? Or is it a well in operation that the royalties from are going unclaimed?

9. roguerower

roguerower Diamond Member

Definitely this. Check that shit, even if you're positive.

10. darkxshade

darkxshade Lifer

So what would have happened if you kept your mouth shut, signed the papers and mailed it in?

11. OutHouse

OutHouse Lifer

royalties going unclaimed and is why this firm was on a owner hunt. all royalties were put in a "suspended" status until the owners could be found and notifed by mailing them the Divisional order and W-9.

#11 OutHouse, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  12. OutHouse

OutHouse Lifer

nothing. my file was on the lawyers desk because it was flagged due to the excluded mineral rights.

13. OutHouse

OutHouse Lifer

yes i have my house contract filed at home it says mineral rights excluded.

That is why i called her the second time to find out HOW my name came up saying i owned the mineral rights.

14. MrColin

MrColin Platinum Member

My thoughts exactly.