hey mods!

ta8689

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2006
Im just curious... how do you go about becoming a mod? Not that i want to be a mod necessarily..... Do you get paid?

myjaja

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2005
If I post in here, you'll probably get a better chance for a reply from a mod.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
No they dont get paid, and if you ask there is no chance that it will happen.
That being said, can i be a mod too?

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
They have special perks, but I don't think there's specific monetary compensation involved.

S

SlitheryDee

Why would you want to be a mod? I have enough trouble keeping up with my own threads. :confused:

ta8689

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: mwtgg
They have special perks, but I don't think there's specific monetary compensation involved.

do they run the entire anandtech website too? like the news on new hardware and stuff?

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
If you ask you go on the permanent 'denied' list.
There're perks?! Um, no. They do it because they want to help AT, and feel pride in it.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Why would you want to be a mod?

Ill tell you why, for the hours upon hours of awesome reading in the personal mod forum. Im sure they have a thing or two to say about us "users".

Im also sure that they have a good time with eachother, like a band of brothers thing going.

Jun 4, 2005
If you're asking, then no, you can't be a mod. Only elite members are selected; those who made a huge contribution.

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman
There're perks?! Um, no. They do it because they want to help AT, and feel pride in it.

Believe it or not, they do get compensated in one way or another. Not in the form of money, but they do.

jonessoda

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Evadman

That's what I've heard. Frankly, I think it'd be better to remain a non-mod around here. A little... crazier... busier... than most forums.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
You have to kill another mod and eat his heart for strength...it's a rite of passage.