hey mod, about that thread YOU started here...

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=38&amp;threadid=194738 <<not linked>>

what if one of us wanted to wish someone a happy birthday? or a congradulations (on graduation, being a new parent, grandparent)

or the entire forum a happy holidays?

I am hoping those things can be exceptions...
to the &quot;drawing attention to another member, in any way whatsoever&quot;

Agreed, maybe further clarification is necessary. Starting a topic where the intent is clearly to malign or personally insult another member will not be tolerated. The types of posts you have in mind are perfectly fine. :)

<edit> Thanks for the spell check, RSI. And yes, Wombat Woman, we got the L out. :)</edit>

AnandTech Moderator

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
WW, I am using my head. I am a NYC public school educated person. And I love making stupid posts. :p of course I know enough that what I stated are fine.

it's really the difference between the letter and the spirit of the law. with respect to the letter, even this actual thread is in violation of the statements made previously.

AND drboogie, it says &quot;another member&quot; so what you said does not technically apply. :D

<<geez this reply sounds hostile...>>

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
moderator, I think you shouldn't have locked that thread. I bet a lot of people never saw it.

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
lol Mday come on, this is a nice way of making a mod speak, but :p as WW says, use your brain :D

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
I am a NYC public school educated person...of course I know enough that what I stated are fine.

Wow, you've blown it now. The grammar police are headed for NYC as we speak, Mday! :D

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
<< Agreed, maybe further clarification is necessary. Starting a topic where the intent is clearly to malign or personally insult another member will not be tollerated. The types of posts you have in mind are perfectly fine.

AnandTech Moderator >>

I do believe it should be tolerated, not tollerated ;) :D

-RSI

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
My God, everyone's itching for a nuking as of late. :)

Already Gone (The Eagles)

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
I do believe it should be tolerated, not tollerated ;) :D
RSI, are you saying that the Mod should GET THE L OUT? :p

Preyhunter

Golden Member
Nov 9, 1999
WW,

I must say that I am thoroughly impressed. I had no idea that you had such wit. I give credit where credit is due.

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I noticed the spelling error too but was afraid of posting it as it might have seemed to stupid :eek:

oh well :D

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
*unsure as to whether Prodigy is making a joke or really did use the wrong &quot;too&quot;*

Preyhunter

Golden Member
Nov 9, 1999
WW,

Sorry, that would be one of those uncollectable accounts.

Killbat,

<edit>Didn't see the second &quot;to&quot; in Prodigy's sentence. The punctuation (or lack thereof) must have thrown me off. Disregard please.

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh...........what?!?!?!?

I really don't understand you??!?! I didn't make any sort of joke, I just said I saw the spelling error (in the mod's post) as well/too, but didn't wanna make a post about it......

eehh????

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hehehe! Now it's all uncovered....the mods can't be bots. They make such human errors. :D

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Don't be fooled Compuwiz, they are no more human than that clever bot &quot;Russ&quot; :p They are just programmed to include some human errors to increase the 'realism' factor. Good programming on that &quot;WombatWoman&quot; bot ;)

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
<<And isn't just posting a thread or in a thread a way of drawing attention to yourself? >> Not at all, Drboogie, quite often my posts draw no attention whatsoever.......I like to think of my self as the opposite of an elite member.... :Q