Hey look, Trump kept his promise to create more jobs...details inside

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
The Virginia winery, owned and managed by Eric Trump and not his father, is seeking to add six foreign workers to its staff for six months, from January to June 2017, to prune grapevines and perform a “variety of manual/equipment operation tasks in a vineyard operation,” according to a Monday filing with the U.S. Department of Labor.
So you're saying that Trump is not Trump? Stop pimping untruths for your boy as Eric runs his dads business. Furthermore, he's already causing monetary losses for major companies in the country and he hasn't even sworn in yet. He is a train wreck in progress.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I bought the business that my father started. I do things differently than he did. Would you guys judge my father for the decisions I've made as the owner?

If you stood alongside your father on the campaign trail and, along with him, repeatedly said how you're bringing back jobs to American workers (especially the heartland) and foreigners were stealing jobs? Yes.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
So, you're saying Trump lied again during the campaign? You know, when he boasted of owning said winery himself?

If he did boast of owning it then yes, based on this article, I would say he lied. However, I didn't hear said boast and you've presented no evidence so I'll withhold judgement.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
For workers to qualify for H-2A classification, the petitioner must demonstrate that there are not enough U.S. workers willing, qualified, or available to do the temporary work.

Trump winery filed an application to hire foreign employees. I've read compensation is $10.72 an hour and unpaid lunch. If any Americans what those jobs they will be entitled to them before any foreign workers.

The winery’s petition said the workers would be required to lift up to 80 pounds, would be exposed to “extreme” temperatures while the job would also involve “extensive walking” and “frequent stooping.”

Know anybody in Virginia that needs a temporary job? I think the state should take able bodied persons off unemployment for a while to fill these jobs.

jeff_in_MD

Oct 7, 2016
I bought the business that my father started. I do things differently than he did. Would you guys judge my father for the decisions I've made as the owner?
We can judge your father for the values he taught you. Are you doing things differently than what your father did?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
According to the left, what Trump is doing here is excellent for the economy, so what's the problem?

Foreign workers are the bestest, hardest working, most capable people and always do everything better than citizens, so WTF would anyone be complaining about here?

Exactly! As I was informed in a recent thread on the dire need to have more and more foreign workers here, their work ethic is super awesome. 7 days a week? No problem! Overtime pay? PFFFFFFFFTTT!!!! Only lazy inferior Americans want proper pay and decent work hours! That's some kind of evil "union talk" to expect otherwise.

Now shut and let Trump do what's best for America -bring in all the foreign labor that Big Business craves, you fucking racists.

So, the Left is right. That's what you're saying.

Kudos

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Seems appropriate-

Mexicans-7-7-11-color.jpg

Reactions: Meghan54

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
So, the Left is right. That's what you're saying.

Kudos
If by right, you mean being the ones cheerleading, making excuses for, ignoring immigration and labor laws for, creating sanctuaries for, defending at every turn cheap illegal labor at the expense of citizens, labeling all opposition to it as racist...

...then sure! Now suck it up. This is what you've been swallowing the horseshit of big business to accomodate. For once... for once! OWN IT.

It's what you've whined for. And more of it, in ever increasing numbers.

Oh what's that? Trump expolits your little racket you cry and whine for too?

Fuck off dumbfuck. Of course he does you simpleton. He and all the others LAUGH daily at how YOU parrot and support the bullshit that allows this!