Hey guys! These tax cuts will pay for themselves!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Reagan said it, I believe it, that settles it.
And they just keep repeating ad nauseam. Fscking idiots :angry: Why do they even bother to talk about balancing the budget - BS 'fiscally responsible' jackasses. I used to be a republican - but their absurd policy perspectives and contrarian behavior make my blood boil. I was often called a RHINO because I'd take Paul Krugman or Robert Riech over any republican 'thought'** leader any day. Paul Ryan and his gang of fools can just go suck a fat one.

**talk about an oxymoron!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
It is fascinating to watch people struggle with the cognitive dissonance. They seem to know that being a racist is bad, or at least admitting to being a racist is bad. On the other hand they don't want to change their opinions. The end result? Just declare their racist opinions not racist.

There was an article in the AP recently where a woman talked about how she liked her community less than before because of all of the people of other races that had moved in...all while denying that she was a racist. Hint, lady. If you don't like a community because people of other races are in it that's racist.

No, that's bigoted. If she said something like "our neighborhood's average IQ has been brought down because of all the other racists moving in" that would be racist.

Racist = believing one race is inherently better/worse than others
Bigoted = disliking others based upon stereotypical and prejudicial bases such as race.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I don't like Trump, or really understand why so many people voted for him, but the US has way more nationally embarrassing things in its history than electing Trump. Slavery, the treatment of Native Americans, and Japanese internment spring to mind.
Nope. That shit, while disgraceful, was par for the course in those times. The rest of the world wasn't looking at us wondering how we could be so crazy because many others were doing the same or worse.