Hey guys! These tax cuts will pay for themselves!

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Yep it has worked amazingly well in Kansas. Give the jerb creators massive tax cuts and watch job growth trail the rest of the country while blowing a massive hole in the budget.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I have full confidence....

That when this fails it will be spun on right wing news outlets as dem's fault. They know the base will drink it up. 'Murica.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/fe78e11e-bffc-336b-898f-30edef50176b/ss_trump’s-treasury-secretary:.html

God I hope the GOP gets everything they want and I hope the Senate nukes the legislative filibuster to do it.
I for one do not hope for this because I no longer believe the GoP's actions will blow up in their faces. Or maybe it will, but their base has been so bombarded and brain washed over the decades that their very sense of reality is no longer sufficient to see through their shenanigans. The conservative base is not going to wake up to some grand epiphany years down the road when they are worse off for Republican policies.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I for one do not hope for this because I no longer believe the GoP's actions will blow up in their faces. Or maybe it will, but their base has been so bombarded and brain washed over the decades that their very sense of reality is no longer sufficient to see through their shenanigans. The conservative base is not going to wake up to some grand epiphany years down the road when they are worse off for Republican policies.

This was most obvious in 2012...but the GOP people just keep on playing the Reagan record on repeat over and over.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I do not care about converting conservatives. I want independents and the "uninformed (because politics sucks yo)" to suffer to the point that they can no longer claim both sides the same.

I will be happy when the acceptable reaction to someone stating that tax cuts will pay for themselves is this:
Hard-slap-gif.gif

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I do not care about converting conservatives. I want independents and the "uninformed (because politics sucks yo)" to suffer to the point that they can no longer claim both sides the same.
But they won't be the only ones to suffer. We will all suffer under such policies. I guess then that that is a point in which you an I differ. I for one do not want to see my fellow countrymen suffer, not even those ones that are stupid. (that includes not only independents that voted for Trump, but hardcore conservatives as well) What I would rather see is their being brought back into the fold to the point where we can finally start working together to help our country excel instead of endlessly sabotaging ourselves to spite "the other side".

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
But they won't be the only ones to suffer. We will all suffer under such policies. I guess then that that is a point in which you an I differ. I for one do not want to see my fellow countrymen suffer, not even those ones that are stupid. (that includes not only independents that voted for Trump, but hardcore conservatives as well) What I would rather see is their being brought back into the fold to the point where we can finally start working together to help our country excel instead of endlessly sabotaging ourselves to spite "the other side".
You and I both know they will never be brought back into the fold. As I mentioned in another thread it is our duty to endure the suffering until nobody wants to vote for the GOP anymore. If it takes a few generations, so be it. Best case scenario is the GOP can't get moderates and Freedom Caucus to cooperate, all the moderates get primaried out in 2018, Freedom Caucus takes full control of the House and Senate and we can all hop aboard the GOP policy pain train.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
The GOP base is literally too stupid to teach at this point. Look at some of the people on this board for example. How many in the past couple weeks have had their own words from a few years ago thrown in their face and they refuse to acknowledge the hypocrisy? Earlier this week I pointed out to a friend on Facebook about 10 different examples of blatant racism from Trump and he wouldn't accept that a single one was racist. They literally are a cult of fucking stupidity.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
What a cynical view of society you have. I hope you're a masochist.
I was never a cynical person until last election. I have no idea how any rational person can't be cynical at this point. The fact that Trump is in the White House is a national embarrassment many orders of magnitude greater than any other thing that you can dig up from our history. I don't care how corrupt any person thinks Hillary may be, every single citizen should have been running to the voting booth to keep him out of office.

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
The fact that Trump is in the White House is a national embarrassment many orders of magnitude greater than any other thing that you can dig up from our history.
Not so sure about that, but it is a huge embarrassment .

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The GOP base is literally too stupid to teach at this point. Look at some of the people on this board for example. How many in the past couple weeks have had their own words from a few years ago thrown in their face and they refuse to acknowledge the hypocrisy? Earlier this week I pointed out to a friend on Facebook about 10 different examples of blatant racism from Trump and he wouldn't accept that a single one was racist. They literally are a cult of fucking stupidity.

It is fascinating to watch people struggle with the cognitive dissonance. They seem to know that being a racist is bad, or at least admitting to being a racist is bad. On the other hand they don't want to change their opinions. The end result? Just declare their racist opinions not racist.

There was an article in the AP recently where a woman talked about how she liked her community less than before because of all of the people of other races that had moved in...all while denying that she was a racist. Hint, lady. If you don't like a community because people of other races are in it that's racist.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It is fascinating to watch people struggle with the cognitive dissonance. They seem to know that being a racist is bad, or at least admitting to being a racist is bad. On the other hand they don't want to change their opinions. The end result? Just declare their racist opinions not racist.

There was an article in the AP recently where a woman talked about how she liked her community less than before because of all of the people of other races that had moved in...all while denying that she was a racist. Hint, lady. If you don't like a community because people of other races are in it that's racist.
Not only that, but you're the real racist for pointing it out. There is no recovery from this state of the union. The sheer amount of people afflicted with this disease has hit critical mass.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well for a lot of conservatives, they've been convinced that there are more important things in life to protect like the principles of "personal responsibility", and "family values". And then there's those coded slogans like "Keep America, America" and "Make America Great Again" and "Build The Wall so I Can Safely Sleep at Night".

And let's not forget the classic Circle of Circular Logic scheme that the GOP imbues their followers with. The moment the GOP traps their victims in this mind-numbing merry-go-round, there's no logic or reasoning that will pull the hapless victim off of that ride. They're done for.

Fear and hate are emotional issues of which facts and the truth have absolutely no chance of overcoming, short of having some kind of personal earth shattering moment of clarity where even one's religious faith comes into question, and how often does that occur? The GOP understands this full well and have been quite candidly exploiting this characteristic of human nature to their full advantage when it comes to keeping the faithful, faithful.

The GOP also forces the Dems to take the weaker defensive side of issues via baiting the Dems into fighting the GOP on the GOP's terms and on the GOP's turf. Of course, the Dems will half heartedly oblige, given the alternative of having to allow the GOP free rein over the narrative that influences where votes get check marked. This baiting tactic uses lies, rumor mongering, emotional catch phrasings with no basis in truth, baseless accusations and contextual flim flams. The GOP has turned this game of theirs into an art form and they are blatant about it because they get away with this shit all the time.

The Dems, for the most part, refuse to play this game to their chagrin and to their demise. A practical Kobayashi Maru scenario of sorts because fighting the emotion-tugging lies the GOP spreads with the truth has little or no emotional return on value. Fighting the lies with lies will take the Dems onto the Repub's playing field, which is exactly what the Repubs hope for.

The reason the GOP has to resort to these kinds of underhanded tactics? It's because they cannot offer their base, their working class and their destitute constituents anything of value that actually improves their lives in the areas of economic opportunity, health care and educational advancements. And the reason for this is as we all know, the GOP is bought, owned and operated by the very wealthy. The GOP (the wealthy) need to feed off of the working class for their wealth, and they need their working class to be willing and compliant in this regard. Promoting the ability of their working class constituency to be independent minded, financially secure and very well educated turns their constituency into a threat. The GOP (the wealthy) can't have that. They need to make sure these opportunities are exclusively reserved for the wealthy and their children.

So simple to see, yet willfully ignored by those that are caught in the circular logic trap the GOP continuously has baited and set out for them.

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015
The fact that Trump is in the White House is a national embarrassment many orders of magnitude greater than any other thing that you can dig up from our history.

I don't like Trump, or really understand why so many people voted for him, but the US has way more nationally embarrassing things in its history than electing Trump. Slavery, the treatment of Native Americans, and Japanese internment spring to mind.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I don't like Trump, or really understand why so many people voted for him, but the US has way more nationally embarrassing things in its history than electing Trump. Slavery, the treatment of Native Americans, and Japanese internment spring to mind.

While I also disagree with the hyperbole I have to agree with the sentiment. Trump isn't an embarrassment- he's a disgrace. 2016 was the year the greatest nation on earth was conned by perhaps the greatest charlatan who ever lived. Repubs' propaganda machine brought us to this point with decades of hard work, even if Trump isn't quite the charlatan they'd hoped for.