hey fellas this is shameless but I need help, which rims?

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I need help, which rims do I get? its a pretty big investment for me and I just dont know what to get. Iv narrowed my choice to 3 rims and I just put up a poll.

so pelase just take a few seconds to go there and select whichever rims u like the best and vote, much thx

by the way all three rinms are gonna be chrome even if they arent in the pics

clicking on "SELECT RIMS PLEASE" will forward u here I just wanted you all to know what I was linking you to! thank u much!

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/jimmy79khan
SELECT RIMS PLEASE!!

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
a shameless bump :) Im off for the night later fellas
and thx again I really do aprpeciate it.

mdennison

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
Go with some 18" BBS wheels like on the old bmw 7 series. The silver honeycomb ones. They are my favorite. :D

edit: meant bbs

ys

Oct 10, 1999
You must be loaded.

I like the third styling; they seem to fit better on a SUV. But no chrome please.

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999

<< I like the 2nd ones. >>

chrome is ugly unless done right, and its usually not :)

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
no chrome you think so?

honestly I can see what your saying I dont want a "ghetto" look I want it to be just "cool/nice". Granted back in the day chrome was associated with ghetto but things have changed now-a-days chrome can also be somewhat classy if done properly. I think Im gonna stick with chrome, sorry :)

no Im not loaded Im jsut well off for a college student, and doing all the installation myself has saved me over 1600 dollars :)

I cant go with 18s they just are to small for an SUV gotta stick with DUBS.

I like the third ones as well, but Im scared that they might be to much IE overkill for a black 4runner, they almost seem like sedan rims... I was thining about the middle ones chromed, you know simple str8 forward and not to much bling bling...

sigh decisions decisions... honestly I REALLY apprecaite the input and replys, keep them coming much thx.

Ill be ordering them on the first of march Ill keep you fellas posted thx again.

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey mr cide I repleid before I saw ur post, u are 100% right about not doing chrome properly. But after a couple weeks of research I think I have made the right selection. What do you think?> do you have any suggestions?

Calcio

Sep 28, 2001
IMHO...I think the X20s are the way to go. I thing they fit the SUV image better. The others look more like rims for cars.

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
ARgh not to sound like a spoiled bastard or anything but I ahte decisions like this, Im personally also leaning towrads either 2 or 3 but I jsut cant decide now... the kizers chromed out would look pretty nice I think though....

do you guys know of anyplace in virginia that actually carries a large number of chrome rims that can be looked at in real life instead of this comptuer thingy?

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Just a tip, you may want to buy the entire wheel instead of just the rim. I mean a rim is kind of useless without the hub and spokes. :p Also, every set or wheels costs more than my entire Porsche, I'm definitely impressed that you're doing so well. Nice looking truck. The second set of wheels is the most tasteful IMO, the others are rather gaudy and loud.

ZV

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
haha funny man :) awsome man thx for the imput, actually Iv been saving up since the age of 15 and I got the car at 21. You would be surprised how much a person can save if he really puts his mind to it. Im gonna get another job over summer hopefully insurance is still way to expensive.

I have to agree with you about the middle ones looking the most tasteful, plus they are the cheapest and price is always a factor.

dieselstation

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2001
jimmy, look into some Intro Forged wheels. They're awesome quality FORGED wheels but yet not quite as expensive as those other brands (fikse, hre, etc.). believe me, FORGED is best type of wheel you wanna get. www.introforged.com or you can check out the regular wheels at www.introwheels.com.

But personally, i'd go for this: http://shop.sportruck.com/ab/str6-s.jpg
another picture here: http://shop.sportruck.com/ab/denalis6.jpg

I prefer the polished aluminum look since chrome is a just a lil bit too tacky. those rims i linked are made by american billet and they have a special on them from sportruck.com: http://shop.sportruck.com/ab/index.htm

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
HAHAH bear rims, thats funny.. Id think about it if they came in 20's :)

I relaly liked the forged wheels very nice stuff, but they dont have any for SUVS or twentys for that matter..

oops I stand corrected I just found quite a few but still the selection is VERY limited because it seems to be a somewhat new thing for SUV's

good stuff then Ill ahve to keep my eye on that in a year or so.

forged wheels was quite an interesting read by the way, thx.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
No offense man, but chrome rims, especially the ones you picked out will make an SUV look pretty queer. I also think that it would add an additional "flare" to your vehicle that IMHO, does not need.

With as much stuff as you have in your truck, I would keep it as subdued looking as I could. You would be the proverbial "jackpot" for a theif. They could jack your truck and be set for quite some time.

I say keep it low key.

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
very very true, the whole "bling bling" aspect is a bit overkill BUT its my last year at college and I thought ID go all out and chuck the rims and wheels after I graduate cuz IO cant be dirivng to work in a 4runna with dubs... but its still food for though... hmm I gotta go read that article about the forged wheels again thx.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000

<< Iv narrowed my choice to 3 rims. . . >>

3? Just a suggestion, I think you'll feel better about this whole ordeal if you decide to go with 4 rims. ;)

PS, the site's down anyway.

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
hahaha funny funny garfang, but yes ur right Id have to agree 4 would look better then 4

oh yeah and it should be back up and runnin!

thx for the heads up.