Hey canadian liberals this aint funny anymore.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
Screen-Shot-2017-02-14-at-7.08.52-PM.png

5 thousand in hydro usage 66 thousand in fancy taxes...

FUCK YOU!

http://magafeed.com/kevin-oleary-writes-ontario-premier-wynn-a-letter-about-farmer/
the next few canadian elections are gonna be great.

good bye ontario liberals FOREVER.

oh and the bs that's gonna come from the usual posters about where the article is hosted.

yeah don't change nothing.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I'm not a fan of the Ontario Liberals either but... 300,000 kWh bill. Guess commercial and industrial users can identify with that. Makes for a big number to losers like me at just ~1000 kWh a month.

FYI to anyone who doesn't know, Kevin O'Leary, the dude from Shark Tank, is running for leadership of the federal conservative party which is further right than the "Liberal" party.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
I'm not a fan of the Ontario Liberals either but... 300,000 kWh bill. Guess commercial and industrial users can identify with that. Makes for a big number to losers like me at just ~1000 kWh a month.

FYI to anyone who doesn't know, Kevin O'Leary, the dude from Shark Tank, is running for leadership of the federal conservative party which is further right than the "Liberal" party.
are you suggesting the "Liberal" party is right-wing?

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Screen-Shot-2017-02-14-at-7.08.52-PM.png

5 thousand in hydro usage 66 thousand in fancy taxes...

FUCK YOU!

http://magafeed.com/kevin-oleary-writes-ontario-premier-wynn-a-letter-about-farmer/
the next few canadian elections are gonna be great.

good bye ontario liberals FOREVER.

oh and the bs that's gonna come from the usual posters about where the article is hosted.

yeah don't change nothing.
Toronto rules Ontario. Don't have to look outside the GTA to know that the Liberals will be handed another majority government despite record-low popularity. The real problem is the idiots that live in Toronto. All of them are stupid. All of them.

Jan 25, 2011
The first queue that this is a misrepresentation is the fact that nowhere in Canada is hydro billed at only 1.6350 cents per kilowatt hour. They just separate out the global adjustment part for commercial users. For residential it's just part of the bill, not a separate line item.

Bullshit article is bullshit.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
MoS i can't quote you for whatever reason but in response to your

nowhere in Canada is hydro billed at only 1.6350 cents per kilowatt hour.

you are right, it's much lower

Gallant, vice-president of Wind Concerns, estimates 1.9 terawatts (TWh) of Ontario’s electricity production (15.2% of Ontario’s demand of 10.6 TWh) was exported to Michigan, New York and Quebec, in June.

Ontario was paid $29.1 million for those exports. Unfortunately, it cost provincial ratepayers $249.9 million to produce that same electricity.

Here’s the math: Ontario exported the power at the Hourly Ontario Electricity Price (HOEP) of $15.31/megawatt hour (MWh) or 1.53 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) for $29.1 million. However, the cost to produce and transmit that 1.9 TWh, was $131.43/MWh (13.14 cents/kWh) — or $249.9 million.

the lowest is actually 1.53 cents.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/1...d-200-million-on-exported-electricity-in-june

but don't worry they'll toss that loss in their global adjustment fee.

a tax on their stupidity.

“Most of that wound up in the big (and growing) pot referred to as the Global Adjustment (GA),” Gallant reports.

“So Ontario’s electricity ratepayers picked up the difference of $221 million, which when added to our export losses for the prior five months of 2015, brought costs to almost $1.1 billion for the first six months of 2015,” Gallant said.

Jan 25, 2011
MoS i can't quote you for whatever reason but in response to your

you are right, it's much lower

the lowest is actually 1.53 cents.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/1...d-200-million-on-exported-electricity-in-june

but don't worry they'll toss that loss in their global adjustment fee.

a tax on their stupidity.
Read the rest of your article.
“Most of that wound up in the big (and growing) pot referred to as the Global Adjustment (GA),” Gallant reports.

“So Ontario’s electricity ratepayers picked up the difference of $221 million, which when added to our export losses for the prior five months of 2015, brought costs to almost $1.1 billion for the first six months of 2015,” Gallant said.

Ontario hydro rates are from 8.7 cents/kWh off-peak to 18 cents/kWh on-peak. The bill you quoted paid, in total, about 13.8 cents/kWh.

Like your linked article says, the bulk of that was in the Global adjustment. As a residential payer I pay that too. It's just not broken out on my bill like it is on this one.

Bottom line is it's not 66,000 in taxes like this tries to spin it as.

If customers buy electricity under the Regulated Price Plan, an estimate of the Global Adjustment is already built into the stable price for electricity set by the Ontario Energy Board (OEB).

If customers buy from an electricity retailer, the Global Adjustment is not included in the contract price offered by the retailer, so on their bill, the Global Adjustment is displayed as a separate line item and is a volumetric charge based on their energy consumption (in kWh).

For each consumer whose electricity is not measured by an interval meter, this price will be determined by a Weighted Average Global Adjustment (WAGA) based on the first Estimate of Global Adjustment and Hydro One’s Network System Load Shape. The Global Adjustment is calculated on a loss-adjusted kWh basis, meaning that the rate will be displayed in cents per kWh on customer bills, as well as the consumption in kWh.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
i even quoted that part MoS.

that's why i called a tax on their stupidity.

A TAX on their stupidity.