Hey ALL: Old School system rises from the grave and is [SOLID] = Abit SA6r/V3-3500/Tuallie 1.2 @1.583 lives on...

Echo3

Apr 27, 2000
Well, my on going project is about done (pending the arrival of some 512-Mushkin) I have finally done it - Revived dead Abit SA6R (R=raid) - by replacing 18 caps - probably took about 45 minutes for all caps to be replaced...

On it we have an O/C'd 1.2 Tuallie @1.583 - I used a 14.00 adapter - works awesome
Voodoo 3-3500 w/tv out
And SB live w/ daughter board...
This week some Mushkin ram 512 -pc133..
Maxtor 7.2k rpm - 40g - ata 100
and that's about it.... VOODOO 3-3500 is a great card... very fast-for it's day and dare I might say today...
I dare...

The TV features are nice, but the video i/o dongle is pretty corny i have to admitl... whata gonna do...

I love to o/c what can I say - I'll buy P4 2.4@533 someday, but not today-

I Just had a good time doing it....:D

*tangent - but just to mention it - I'll be putting an awesome/rock solid abit BF6 mobo-with sloket card up for sale pretty soon maybe even w/ a P3-700 - on this mobo this setup can hit 1ghz pretty easy with some good ram... and THis is the same mobo that the tuallie was on...

well thanks for reading -
Dan

Echo3

Apr 27, 2000
NOW that is some serious old school stuff Vern! thanks for the post-

That's when you refuse to go out dying - What can you say - but soket 370 all the way...

btw - does anyone know where I can find some simple video bemchmark programs - quake 3 - iknow but anything else ????

Echo3

Apr 27, 2000
Hey Mloot, thanks for the site I appreciate, it had alot of stuff.. cool beans

dan:cool:

oldfart

Lifer
Dec 2, 1999
Nice job. I get a kick out of keeping old school stuff going as well. If I could make one suggestion, that V3 card is seriously outdated. The CPU, mem, HD all look good. The V3 card is a serious bottleneck if you plan on doing any gaming on that rig. Many games wont play at all. If you are not gaming, its fine. You can get many video cards that are light years ahead of the V3 for a song.