"He's scaring seniors with talk about Medicare, just like Democrats have always done."- Howard Dean

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: busmaster11
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
And I'm not sure people want to get into a counting debate about theads supposedly aimed at certain people;) There are plenty of anti-Bush threads, no?

Not when he was just a candidate for the repub nomination, I don't think...

It's funny - Deanites claim we don't take him seriously but then in a different breath say that he must be real threat since we are taking swipes at him...so which is it? I'll consider him a "threat" once(if) he gets the Dem nomination, until then he's just another candidate and I'll post things about any or all of them.

The more astute ones are starting to realize him as a possible threat. :D

Sure - anything is possible but to say that Dean has the best chance to beat Bush at this point goes against alot of polling data. Threat - sure...maybe hell will freeze over too.;)

BTW - Bush is THE candidate for the Republican nomination;)

CkG

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: busmaster11
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
And I'm not sure people want to get into a counting debate about theads supposedly aimed at certain people;) There are plenty of anti-Bush threads, no?

Not when he was just a candidate for the repub nomination, I don't think...

It's funny - Deanites claim we don't take him seriously but then in a different breath say that he must be real threat since we are taking swipes at him...so which is it? I'll consider him a "threat" once(if) he gets the Dem nomination, until then he's just another candidate and I'll post things about any or all of them.

The more astute ones are starting to realize him as a possible threat. :D

Actually, the more astute ones would be trying to build him up as a threat, since he is unelectable. If you can get a lot of dems to think he has a chance, he'll get the nod, and the reps would walk away with it next year. I'm a registered Democrat, give contributions to the local, state, and national parties, etc., but I couldn't make myself vote for Dean. While I have tons of problems with Bush, I just can't feel comfortable with Dean. While anyone-but-Bush used to sound right to me, I've come to at least be able to understand the types of problems we are going to encounter with him at the helm. Some of Dean's policies, on the other hand, sit very badly with me in some regards. While I don't know if they would end up being worse overall, the fact that I don't know is enough to make me pause. I always prefer dealing with problems I can see coming than being blindsided.

The reason he is unelectable is because a number of the conservative libs like myself feel the same way. If he can't mobilize all of the voting dems, he's going to be in a lot of trouble when they start tallying the votes.