Heroes of the Storm

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Are there a TON of new people to this game, or am I just leveling up really fast? I've only been playing for a week and I'm already player level 14, and I'm seeing a ton of people level 4-10....

Reactions: JamesGoblin

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Are there a TON of new people to this game, or am I just leveling up really fast? I've only been playing for a week and I'm already player level 14, and I'm seeing a ton of people level 4-10....

What mode are you playing?
Perhaps your MMR is same as guys at level 4-10 :D:D:D

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I played with/against him quite a bit last night, seems great for support but probably requires a bit of teamwork to use fully. His portal skill is pretty good and both of his ults seem really good. Polymorph can be pretty devastating if the enemy team is clumped up since it chains to anyone in a certain radius. His crow form is pretty amazing, can't be hit and can fly over walls and such, pretty much the perfect scout. He's mostly utility though, his one damage skill is pretty straight forward, does decent damage but you're mostly going to be supporting your team as him, although I did see some people pair him up with aba for some pretty decent damage.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Looks like yet another blizz game being ruined by seasons. Lot of hate going on for mmr hell and having to rank to certain levels for the rewards.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Anyone interested in forming a group for team mode placement matches this weekend. Finishing your 10 placement matches puts you in the team league rank for the season mount reward so looking to get beat down with a couple others for free mount and gold.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Ok so my wife just won one of the Suns out contests - received 50 chests! Had to brag a little, apparently this thread is dead otherwise anyway!

I still haven't received anything and have been playing once per day... if I don't get 5 chests by next week I'll be mad.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Given my great luck with random events like this, this is one event I havent participated in at all.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Blizzard is apparently pulling top talent from all over their games to put them to work making free to play mobile games. It's a sad time for the PC gamers that got them to where they are and a sadder day still for a once legendary developer.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Man this news really bums me out, I was just getting really good with Orphea (most fun hero in a long time imo) and then I see this. I'm hoping the game isn't canned since they said they're going to continue supporting it, but I'm guessing there won't be as many events or new maps or heroes.

Tis a shame because HoTS is by far my fav MOBA, I started with them with DOTA in it's early days but I just enjoy HoTS the most. This is more upsetting to me than the Diablo Immortal news, but it's probably linked anyways like Sonikku mentioned.