Heroes and Generals

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I searched but was surprised not to find a thread on this game already??

Anyway, I received an email from them today telling me the game is about to go into closed beta, with a link to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOo3_ZY4npQ

First, at 30 seconds, that is a gorgeous view as he flies in the P38.

But, then after that it says something about 2 soldiers sharing 14 lives? WTF?

What I haven't been able to figure out yet is if this is an MMOFPS(ie, Planetside, WW2OL), or if it's one of those deals where it's only up to 32 players but the battles tie in somehow.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
That does look gorgeous. Reminds me of when I first played MS Combat Flight Simulator Pacific Theater.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Looks like a very cool way to integrate strategic and tactical fighting except for having to work your way through the checkpoints in a specified order.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I played it months ago when it wasn't very polished. I wasn't impressed at all but it was an early work and there wasn't many people beta (alpha?) testing at the time. Looks like it could be a fun game but I've got way too many games now to get involved in this.

Last edited:

Arsinek

Feb 9, 2010
Just started playing this. Good game. You probably wont like it if you have no interest in strategy or objective based gameplay. If your main concern in shooters is graphics and K/D ratio it might not be for you.

But if you like the idea of a WW2 shooter where the battles are part of a larger WW2 strategic war then this is probably the best game out there. The only other one like this that I know of it BattleGround Europe, which most people dont like.