Hero - what a borefest!

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: FleshLight
"All Under Heaven" is the lamest thing I've ever heard in my life.

i dont know.
your name suggests youve spent time at the fleshlight forums.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by: RgrPark

it sounds better in Chinese

Tian Xia > all under heaven.

Yeah, and its entirely possible that it is a cultural reference as well, but I'm not sure about that.

The movie broke my brain though, because every time someone said "liang ge zi" (two characters) the english translation was "three words." It was physically painful to me. Tian Xia is two characters, all under heaven is three words . . . ARGHHH!!

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Yeah, "all under heaven" loses connotation and coolness in the translation to English. "Tian xia" sounds perfectly fine in Mandarin though.

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: PMChris
Hero is the best movie Jet Li has had the honor of starring in.

Fist of Legend > Hero. Although I loved Hero.

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
I wish they would have included more scenes with the army. And they should have cut that ridicilous black and white scene where Lee fights Silver Spear or whatever. The music with that guy screaming was very annoying :)

BladeWalker

Aug 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Greyd
Originally posted by: PMChris
Hero is the best movie Jet Li has had the honor of starring in.

Fist of Legend > Hero. Although I loved Hero.

Fist of Legend is probably the best Jet Li movie (even though it is a remake of Bruce Lee's). Although I haven't seen Hero yet, I'm sure it's not going to change my mind.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Hero was awesome, but the American trailer for it is HUGELY misleading. It's more of an arthouse film than a epic saga of revenge, and kung fu.

Yes Fist of Legend is the best martial arts movie Jet Li has made.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
Originally posted by: PatboyX

i dont know.
your name suggests youve spent time at the fleshlight forums.

that's what i'm talking about right there. everyone usually says something like "nice name" to that guy or whatever. you rolled into into the backhander that comes to the other cheek. yet you didn't punch him in the gut. good form, good form indeed.

5ayle

Sep 28, 2003
Fist of Legend is pretty badass, love the fight w/ the kokoyu sensei

wtf does fleshlight mean?

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Hero is on DVD. It's a pretty mediocre quality one though. Even though it's a dual-layer disc, it's only 7 GB including the extras. Why it's not 8.5 GB I don't know, because the video quality really could have used the extra space. Plus, the menu, the movie intro explanation, and the extras are only in Chinese.

I think the movie was pretty good, but had its problems. The music really was lame, and the pacing needs work. To be honest if Miramax cuts out some of the slower scenes and it works, I wouldn't protest.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
I liked the film.

Koing

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I'm a little confused here... so Hero coming to theaters (American) is just a remake of an old Jet Li movie? Or is it the original? :confused:

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Heh, his best movie was Lethal Weapon 4.

BTW, this isn't necessarily the same genre of film, but have any of you watched Returner? That movie is bad ass.