Hero-U on steam...think quest for glory series.

Batmeat

Feb 1, 2011
Has anybody played this? Huge fan of old school Quest for Glory series so I’ll probably get get it.

Reactions: Chiefcrowe

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Read the reviews, myself and many others have issues iwth the game. It is basically unplayable due to slowness, but I have the GOG version.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
I think I'm about 16 hours in right now and I'm really enjoying it. It is very reminiscent of the Quest for Glory Series but also very different. The combat is different than any of those other games - turn based this time. I think the time constraints make things more interesting. It isn't possible to do everything in one playthrough.

I am not sure where people are seeing the slowness issues. They have patched it several times (I'm on steam so it's automatic) and they have another one coming up soon. One of the things they fixed is the speed of the main character walking and running so that makes it a lot easier.

I'd highly recommend it!

There is another thread on the game as well if you want to read with more review links etc. from when their kickstarter was going on:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...tors-to-kickstart-new-adventure-game.2271235/

They hope to make a sequel but are doing another smaller game next called Summer Daze at Hero-U which is related but will be different as well:
https://summerdazegame.com

Let us know what your thoughts are once you play it.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
If you have updated to the latest version, and are still having issues I would recommend reporting it to the DEV team on their Discord page, they are responsive.

Read the reviews, myself and many others have issues iwth the game. It is basically unplayable due to slowness, but I have the GOG version.

Reactions: ImpulsE69

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
FYI - The Coles are Kickstarting another game in this world which looks pretty fun: