mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
This is one of the reason's I can at least find positive things to say about republicans like Romney. I may disagree with him on the vast majority of political issues, but at least he isn't a yes man, and seems to believe that people should at least be qualified for a job.

Nov 8, 2012
Good. Jesus fuck that was disturbing. I mean - hate on him all you want. I don't care for Trump - but as far as things like SCOTUS appointments he isn't exactly appointing people that are unqualified. He's done plenty of other odd/shit appointments no doubt, but not to positions that I highly respect really.

Herman Cain for FED? Yeah, that's a WEE BIT fucking unqualified.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
This is one of the reason's I can at least find positive things to say about republicans like Romney. I may disagree with him on the vast majority of political issues, but at least he isn't a yes man, and seems to believe that people should at least be qualified for a job.

Oh please.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...ronic-for-going-after-trumps-tax-returns-with

Romney: 'Moronic' for Dems to go after Trump's tax returns with legislative action

For one, it's not "legistlative action", Two, we have ample reason to look into Trump's finances.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Oh please.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...ronic-for-going-after-trumps-tax-returns-with

Romney: 'Moronic' for Dems to go after Trump's tax returns with legislative action

For one, it's not "legistlative action", Two, we have ample reason to look into Trump's finances.
Not saying Romney's perfect, or even good, or even okay, but he at least seems to be willing to take a stand at some point that says, "this goes to far". I know its not much, but remember we're comparing to people like McConnnel and Graham.

Nov 8, 2012
Oh please.

Kinda agree with Romney, it's rather stupid for Dems as a whole to go after his tax returns as if there is some burning revealing information there and they are the qualified decoders. They're not. They are stupid and unqualified to look just like anyone in congress.

The only one that should have been pursuing his tax returns for criminal reasons was Mueller.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Kinda agree with Romney, it's rather stupid for Dems as a whole to go after his tax returns as if there is some burning revealing information there and they are the qualified decoders. They're not. They are stupid and unqualified to look just like anyone in congress.

The only one that should have been pursuing his tax returns for criminal reasons was Mueller.

If I was to agree with your reasoning here, I'd have to also conclude that we should stop the practice of candidates releasing their returns entirely. The idea was supposed to be about transparency but Trump decided not to do it, and, naturally, people now want to know why. So a Congressional committee is exercising a power explicitly granted to it by statute to do it themselves. I think every Congress should always do this when a POTUS refuses to release them, but YMMV I guess.

Oh, and you're dead wrong about the ability of Congress to decipher those returns. They have tax experts on staff. Mueller was no tax expert either, but I'm sure he could have been advised by someone who is had he received the returns.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Good. Jesus fuck that was disturbing. I mean - hate on him all you want. I don't care for Trump - but as far as things like SCOTUS appointments he isn't exactly appointing people that are unqualified. He's done plenty of other odd/shit appointments no doubt, but not to positions that I highly respect really.

Herman Cain for FED? Yeah, that's a WEE BIT fucking unqualified.

Cain has praised Trump. That is the sole necessary qualification. Trump would put my ass on the fed board if it blurted out anything vaguely resembling praise of Trump from time to time.

Nov 8, 2012
If I was to agree with your reasoning here, I'd have to also conclude that we should stop the practice of candidates releasing their returns entirely. The idea was supposed to be about transparency but Trump decided not to do it, and, naturally, people now want to know why. So a Congressional committee is exercising a power explicitly granted to it by statute to do it themselves. I think every Congress should always do this when a POTUS refuses to release them, but YMMV I guess.

Oh, and you're dead wrong about the ability of Congress to decipher those returns. They have tax experts on staff. Mueller was no tax expert either, but I'm sure he could have been advised by someone who is had he received the returns.

Eh - by all means... Feel free to go after him.

I just get the feeling it will be yet another nothingburger. Trump is utilizing it as a strategy - he is witholding things so that the other side gets butt-hurt, fights to get it, and then there is nothing directly damning.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Eh - by all means... Feel free to go after him.

I just get the feeling it will be yet another nothingburger. Trump is utilizing it as a strategy - he is witholding things so that the other side gets butt-hurt, fights to get it, and then there is nothing directly damning.

He might be, and if that's the case, fine. The American people deserve to know about any POTUSes' financial dealings.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Heh. It was Trump the billionaire who bragged that he didn't pay federal income tax, because he's smart. I'd like to know how he or anybody else can do that whether it's legal or not. If it is legal, we really should change that. The notion that the ultra rich can manipulate the system to achieve such ends is an affront to citizens who sacrifice their taxes for the common good. Not Trumpsters. They cheered. They think it's great. Fuck our govt. Burn it down.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You can always rely on some republicans to never fuck around with their money. The Fed has always been separate from the usual partisan bull, it's simply too important to trust to partisan yes men who are unfit for office. Thanks for doing your damn job some of you?

Pity they couldn't have mustered some of that respect for duty with the USSC, that loss of credibility sucks.

Nov 8, 2012
You can always rely on some republicans to never fuck around with their money. The Fed has always been separate from the usual partisan bull, it's simply too important to trust to partisan yes men who are unfit for office. Thanks for doing your damn job some of you?

Pity they couldn't have mustered some of that respect for duty with the USSC, that loss of credibility sucks.

Regardless of what you like to tell yourself (By USSC I presume you mean "United States Supreme Court" which is actually known as SCOTUS) all of Trump's appointed SCOTUS candidates are well qualified as far as credentials and time served. If you want to go after Trump appointed positions, you have SHIT tons - but the SCOTUS ones aren't one of them. Don't even try.

Just because you don't agree with their stances doesn't mean they aren't qualified.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Regardless of what you like to tell yourself (By USSC I presume you mean "United States Supreme Court" which is actually known as SCOTUS) all of Trump's appointed SCOTUS candidates are well qualified as far as credentials and time served. If you want to go after Trump appointed positions, you have SHIT tons - but the SCOTUS ones aren't one of them. Don't even try.

Just because you don't agree with their stances doesn't mean they aren't qualified.
Kavanaugh wasn't qualified, period.

Nov 8, 2012
Kavanaugh wasn't qualified, period.

Bull fucking shit. What credentials did he not fill that every other one has?

EDIT: I honestly don't even care about the stupid fuck, but I ask of you - what does he not have that all other SCOTUS candidates do have?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Both are illegitimate, one is unfit. Deal with it while you go fuck yourself. I'll take up whatever topic and have whatever belief I damn well want troll. A pissant like you doesn't get to tell me 'what I can try.'

I choose not to look at it through a partisan lens while focusing on cause and effect. The efforts pulled by the republicans to put those two on the court, which I'll also abbreviate however the hell I want btw, speak for themselves regardless of your pathetic tripe. There's no way you and Turtle boy come out of that looking good, I don't care how many dance routines Lindsey Graham throws. Thanks to you and your kind they have to add 2 judges to the court, which should be completely unnecessary.

Please, just return to your mushroom fondling and ignore my posts.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He is a perjurer.

He showed himself to be a card-carrying right wing agitprop lover, and exactly - a perjurer. Both anathema to the office in question, let alone the highest version of it.

There is no lipsticking this pig.

This is the party that prefers it's leader to be a follower, an intellectually inept one at that. The difference in candidate now is, are they aware of their ignorance, like Dubya? Keeping their mouths shut and letting career politicians take the wheel? Or are they unaware of their ignorance, never shutting up about their self-promotion or simplistic to a fault view of the world, like Trump. This is the party of putting DeVos in charge of Education. This is the party of Pruitt heading the EPA. The party of people like Mitch McConnell claiming to look out for the voters. The party of an AG who echoes Trump's fake news of court ordered surveillance = underhanded political spying.*

Utter bullshit and anyone defending it should be ashamed of themselves. America should be more important than their fevered dreams of a banana republic.

*Apologies to Ryan and Gowdy, even they aren't that stupid or desperate.

Last edited:
Reactions: esquared
Mar 11, 2004
You know its bad when even our resident dumbass about all things (who seems to take that as a challenge to prove that he can indeed become even more of a dumbass at every opportunity) could see that he was so unqualified that he shouldn't even be considered. Likewise, it was so awful that even Republicans are like "abso-fucking-lutely not!"

Now if they'd just pull their heads just a bit further out of their asses and decide to start unfucking so many of their other atrocious enablings...

Reactions: esquared
Mar 11, 2004
Not saying Romney's perfect, or even good, or even okay, but he at least seems to be willing to take a stand at some point that says, "this goes to far". I know its not much, but remember we're comparing to people like McConnnel and Graham.

Personally I'm not gonna waste time defending people like Romney and McCain for being 1/1000th of a slightly bit better than some of the worst human beings in American history. They all should eat shit for what they've done.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Damn, and I was hoping for some more fist-pounding NINENINENINE! speeches. 2011 was such good times.

:(

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Occasionally we meet the outer edges of what lunacy even this super compliant Senate will allow.

Also lol:

Trump recently gathered with generals and other military leaders for a meeting about the Mexican border, according to two people familiar with the chain of events who spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely describe the discussions. At the meeting, which was held in the White House Situation Room, an aide passed Trump a note informing him that Cain was in the building.

Trump summoned Cain to the meeting, and then told the military brass that they needed to come up with a “9-9-9” plan for the border. The joke fell flat.

https://wapo.st/2UsgeHn?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.62fb12d124ac

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Personally I'm not gonna waste time defending people like Romney and McCain for being 1/1000th of a slightly bit better than some of the worst human beings in American history. They all should eat shit for what they've done.
It isn't about defending them for their sake. Its about supporting conservatives electing representatives that are at least capable of acting like a decent human being, someone that progressives can work with. I live in an area that for the foreseeable future is always going to elect republicans for our House rep. I would much rather they elect someone like Romney than someone like McConnell. And if that means sometimes defending the Romneys and McCains of the world, then to me that's worth doing. After all, were it not for McCain, millions of people would have been without health insurance for the last couple of years. If we had more McCains in the republican party, the damage caused by the current administration could have been significantly mitigated. It seems to me it is worth it to praise positive behavior from any republicans to encourage electing others who will behave with decency and thoughtfulness (for republicans) rather than just blindly upholding the party line. It costs nothing.