Here's what's wrong with the children of today.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Pic I was driving home yesterday and saw three kids on my street. One had a self-propelled scooter (like the cheapy razor ones), and two others were on these blue electric scooters that they'd received for Christmas. What ever happened to bicycles? Little fatty can't move after spending 4 hours/night in front of the TV?

I think a good idea is to buy your child a scooter if they want, but put an odometer on it. For every mile they ride on the scooter they have to first have earned it, with two miles on their bicycle. :D

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
You all are going to have obese kids. THe superior genes of mine will produce fit and healthy kids. Have fun feeding your little chubby wubby 3 Bigmacs for breakfast.

SoylentGreen

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
What's wrong with kids is that so called "adults" need to do videogaming on their so called "adult" video game console causing kids to play "adult" video games.

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
You all are going to have obese kids. THe superior genes of mine will produce fit and healthy kids. Have fun feeding your little chubby wubby 3 Bigmacs for breakfast.

naturally the test tube babies will have the superior engineering :)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I have to agree. I have seen more fat kids lately. When i was younger there was very fre fat kids. Of course we didn't have Nintendo, playstation or motorized scooters. if we wanted them motorized we put a card in the spokes.

My wife has a 11 yr old sister. she is a little fattie. all she does is watch TV. I never see her out on her bike or playing with other kids. Not to mention she eats more fattening foods in one day then i do in a week. She joined the cheer leading squad and all the kids are fat. its sad.

like %80 of the kids today are overweight.

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
Last time I checked, those cheap razor-type propelled scooters had really lame batteries, so that you end up spending more time pushing/carrying/walking the silly things than you do actually riding.

Hey, at least the dudes were outdoors.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Very true!

I find those little scooters nice for a little ride from time to time but biking is 100 times better, sad thing is, most of those kids haven't ever tried biking beyond learning to ride without training wheels.

<---- Has a Trek bike and loves it! :D

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
Very true!

I find those little scooters nice for a little ride from time to time but biking is 100 times better, sad thing is, most of those kids haven't ever tried biking beyond learning to ride without training wheels.

<---- Has a Trek bike and loves it! :D

I'm going to see about teaching my 12yo to fish this weekend. I just got a new beautiful 7ft rod from the FS/FT and it's time to start again. :D

My son is a computer geek and only goes outside a few times a week (on his own, I mean.. Not counting school, chores, when I kick him out so I can get some nookie from the wife, etc..) so maybe a true outdoor sport will help. He does surf with me in the summer though. :D

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: badmouse
To be honest with you I see few kids on the street. The most I've ever seen have been in the last 2-3 weeks and in ALL cases (not kidding), other than toddlers going for walks with their fat parents, it's been kids on these electric scooters. Once they tire of them they'll be back indoors on the xbox.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: badmouse
To be honest with you I see few kids on the street. The most I've ever seen have been in the last 2-3 weeks and in ALL cases (not kidding), other than toddlers going for walks with their fat parents, it's been kids on these electric scooters. Once they tire of them they'll be back indoors on the xbox.

When I came to the US, one of the first things I noticed (besides from hot Hispanic chicks) was "Kids don't play outside here?". Actually I had a wrong impression. It was a new upper middle class suburb, and from my experience kids in those suburbs hardly go outside to play. But in the non suburbs/poorer areas kids are always outside.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
But in the non suburbs/poorer areas kids are always outside.
They don't have as many video games or TV :)
What's wrong with kids is that so called "adults" need to do videogaming on their so called "adult" video game console causing kids to play "adult" video games.
You're right in some cases. A 6 year old I know (who's very overweight and teased at school) learned his gaming from his father.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
You know, I'd never exchange my wonderful childhood for anything. I grew up in a poor country (TV had 3 channels and a friend had an attari from 1979) and spent the bulk of my time doing mischief around the neighbourhood (especially after dark). At the same time, I was a very good student and always did well, so everything turned out wonderfully. :)

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I dunno about those scooters making them fat.

maybe they are just riding on it for the coolness factor, not as actual transportation.

I know I always wanted one of those motorized scooters, altho I had plans of jumping off my homemade ramps on them. But then I would take anythign that was motorized. Heh.

But I do agree, kids these days are getting fatter and lazier. But my biggest problem is their lack of respect for others. It just pisses me off that these kids can be so rude!

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Don't encourage children to go out in the sun. Make them good little geeks who come out at night or in winter.
Then, no skin cancer, and they have a life, and don't spend all evening/night watching TV, so they're quiet in the day, and you can get nookie at night without worrying about their future health.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
I dont know about you guys but.....

::busts out into song::
"I believe the children are our future......"

:D:beer:

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Kiyup

please
rolleye.gif

take some responisblity for yourself and not blame everything that is wrong with you or others on the media or just simply fvck off.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Ameesh
Originally posted by: Kiyup

please
rolleye.gif

take some responisblity for yourself and not blame everything that is wrong with you or others on the media or just simply fvck off.

:Q

Owned by sarcasm.

Hardcore.

I refuse to believe that anyone on AT that frequently (even Kiyup) can be that stupid as to actually mean that.

- M4H

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
kids dont play enough sports... im not old or anythign... but fat kids back in elementary school were losers. they didnt play ball, tag, or anything at recess. and in gym class they were the last to get picked, first to get out, and the pylons for us athletic kids to womp on. :D if thats not motivation to get fit, i dont know what the hell is.

now kids play yugioh at recess... :(