Here's something we can accomplish by rejecting the treaty with Iran....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We can bomb people like this into extinction:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uclear-deal-humans-new-york-picture/71695816/

Please try to understand there is no 'other'. Everywhere you look there is only you. Everyone is born perfect and it is the aim of every soul for that perfection to flower. In every human population everywhere that essence is struggling for the light. Add as much of your own love as you can manage to the mix. Don't worry about how much it is. Just let it happen where you can.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
No one is trying to bomb the Iranian people into extinction.

Just like the Iranian people are not wanting to wipe out Israel or the United States.

You do a disservice to many trying to lump in a few bad apples with the good produce. :colbert:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

Just like the Iranian people are not wanting to wipe out Israel or the United States.

You do a disservice to many trying to lump in a few bad apples with the good produce. :colbert:

Our industrial military complex wants to keep iran in our back pocket for another "micro" war in 10 years or so. They want/need a war every decade.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Our industrial military complex wants to keep iran in our back pocket for another "micro" war in 10 years or so. They want/need a war every decade.

Not to mention the fact that wars by proxy haven't been all the rage lately nor have they been as profitable as they once were.

What ever is a weapons/weapons platform manufacturer to do these days?

Where are those warmongering neocons when you really need them?

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
Not to mention the fact that wars by proxy haven't been all the rage lately nor have they been as profitable as they once were.

What ever is a weapons/weapons platform manufacturer to do these days?

Where are those warmongering neocons when you really need them?
proxy wars aren't profitable when you're only supporting rebels since they can't operate an air force or a navy. And that's where the money is.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

I thought the Iranian government had clearly stated their goal was the complete eradication of Israel. Am I mistaken, or did something change?

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uclear-deal-humans-new-york-picture/71695816/

Please try to understand there is no 'other'. Everywhere you look there is only you. Everyone is born perfect and it is the aim of every soul for that perfection to flower. In every human population everywhere that essence is struggling for the light. Add as much of your own love as you can manage to the mix. Don't worry about how much it is. Just let it happen where you can.
Good post, Moonbeam.

-John

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

My tribe, right or wrong.

Why do you hate America?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
That's the opposite of what he said. You, are the hater.

-John

That's the opposite of what he said, because I'm sarcastically mocking conservatives who as you correctly identify, are haters.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to clarify.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

There are casaulties of war.
There are very good reasons to use force to stop WMDs.
That does not mean stopping WMDs necessitates extinction, in fact it means quite the opposite.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
That does not mean stopping WMDs necessitates extinction, in fact it means quite the opposite.

How many WMDs has Iran used over the course of, say, the last 2000 years?

How about the US?

Perhaps Iran should be bombing the US and causing some casualties. You know, to stop WMDs.

And round and around we go!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

What you are saying is that the use of force to stop the use of force is justified. I can see Hitler making the case that the use of force is allowed to stop the strangle hold other countries imposed on Germany after WW1. Germany certainly seemed to agree. How are you any different? Justification, isn't that just what anybody says it is and war happens when the community agrees? What is the difference between just war and war as the result of mass psychotic fear of the other? I suggest you do not trust the answers of anybody who is afraid.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
I thought the Iranian government had clearly stated their goal was the complete eradication of Israel. Am I mistaken, or did something change?
What the Iranian government/hardliners is not necessarily the attitude of the Iranian general population.

Just like here, as much as liberals like to demonize conservatives here and toss around anti hate slogans,most Americans do not match that biased attitude.

There are a few on every fringe, conservative/liberal. As evidenced here.

And those radicals feel a needed to tar & brush everyone that is not like them

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
the deal no one seems to want other than the current administration... and that is only so they can check the box on their performance review for "major foreign policy completed" is getting approved so fail to see why anyone should care about this thread.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
the deal no one seems to want other than the current administration... and that is only so they can check the box on their performance review for "major foreign policy completed" is getting approved so fail to see why anyone should care about this thread.
Ok, 6% of the world population + Israel doesn't want it.
What about the rest?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Ok, 6% of the world population + Israel doesn't want it.
What about the rest?

Iran doesn't seem to even care if we do it or not, least they are acting that way...

You've got most politicians saying the deal sucks ....but since we supposedly will never get a better deal, and continuing with the existing sanctions is off the table, we are left with this shitty deal as it is better than no deal, in a way it reminds me of the "anyone but bush" slogans

Generally most seem to think the deal will benefit only Iran directly, at least in the short to longer term...and have little to no positive impact on any other nation, so again, given that the deal is essentially done anyway, why should anyone even bother wasting another breath talking about it

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I know, I know, America is the all great and powerful, but...
Does anyone really believe Putin is just going to sit there and allow the US to have its way in the middle east much longer?
So far, the soviets have furnished weapons and supplies to the enemy.
That is, the weapons and supplies that old Dick Cheney hadn't already made available to our enemies.
Nuking Iran or Iraq would absolutely enable WW III.
That being directly between us the US, and the Soviets.
Minus Israel cause Israel would be the next to go after we nuked Iran off the face of the earth.
Which brings us back to Donald T.
Sure, he thinks we can just stroll in there and take the oil.
No doubt Putin got a big laugh over that one.