Here's one way to find a loser.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
"I'm a rising junior."
"My son is a rising sophomore at ..."

Ever heard someone say that? Rising? Wtf does that mean? Are they going to the moon or something? Does it mean you're bomb diggity and totally on the path to a great career?

No it fucking doesn't. It means sh!t. Stop saying it. I fucking cringe when I hear it.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
:confused:

I just got a small rise out of this thread but I don't think this falls under the same category.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I've never heard this and still don't know what it means. This thread is a rising failure.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just like those bumper stickers that proclaim "my little billy bob is an honor student @"

Who gives a fuck? :|

EMPshockwave82

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2003
never heard it, think it's stupid.

someone saying:
I'm a sophomore by credit.
I will be a junior next semester.

Those are more appropriate answers to the question imo.

Rebasxer

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2005
Well what are you the summer between sophmore and junior year of school? Your not a sophmore because you finished the year, but your not a junior yet because you havent started that year. You're a rising junior, makes sense to me...

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
don't people just say it during the summer? Makes sense to me since when you're between grades it doesn't quite make sense to say "I'm a junior" or "I'm a sophomore"

theblackbox

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2004
Originally posted by: oiprocs
"I'm a rising junior."
"My son is a rising sophomore at ..."

Ever heard someone say that? Rising? Wtf does that mean? Are they going to the moon or something? Does it mean you're bomb diggity and totally on the path to a great career?

No it fucking doesn't. It means sh!t. Stop saying it. I fucking cringe when I hear it.

looking at the topic title, the poster, and what was posted, there is a sad irony that ties it all together.

theblackbox

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Here's one way to find a loser

Find out who posts in OT on Fri/Sat nights?

whats special about friday or saturday night? what makes it different from any other night. to me, they are all about the same. just another day.

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
Originally posted by: theblackbox
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Here's one way to find a loser

Find out who posts in OT on Fri/Sat nights?

whats special about friday or saturday night? what makes it different from any other night. to me, they are all about the same. just another day.

FOUND ONE!