Here's a fun article about Ron Paul, Gold and China

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
http://www.policymic.com/articles/1...nating-with-worldwide-leaders-including-china

While doing the research for this article, it appeared the leaders of China have been listening to Ron Paul while most leaders in the U.S. continue to mock him.

Though history proves fiat currencies fail, central banks, including the Federal Reserve are bound and determined to convince the world that this time history won’t repeat itself.

So, if you were China and you owned $1.2 trillion in U.S. bills, notes, and bonds, what would you do to hedge your bets and cover your fanny? Exactly what China is doing: buying gold. In fact, they are buying so much; it appears they are preparing for a world beyond the fiat dollar. A future world in which the renminbi backed by gold could become the dominant reserve currency.

State-owned China National, CEO Sun Zhaoxue commented on the acquisition of African Barrick Gold Ltd, saying, “As gold is a currency in nature, no matter if it’s for state economic security or for the acceleration of renminbi internationalization, increasing the gold reserve should be one of the key strategies of China.” So, in spite of the fact China is the world's largest producer of gold, it appears important enough for China to still acquire interest in mines in other countries.

And Zhaoxue sounds suspiciously like Ron Paul when he says, “Gold is currency.”

But then we hear Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank, telling students at George Washington University how impractical a gold backed currency is, “I mean, what you have to do to have a gold standard is you have to go to South Africa or some place and dig up tons of gold and move it to New York.”

So while Bernanke is teaching students it’s too much of a problem to mine and ship gold to the U.S. to fill our void, the Chinese are buying up the mines — in Africa.

Oh what fun and interesting times we live in. Of course though this is all poohooey and China has no power, the world NEEDS the USA and our dollar, right? They do don't they? Uh lol no. China isn't even waging economic war, they're simply better businessmen than we are apparently.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Ben Bernanke has multiple learning disabilities and an IQ of not more than 75. Greenspan had some intelligence and actually did know what he was doing, but Ben Bernanke is just plain dumb.

China will colonize america but you and I don't deserve to be enslaved because we supported dR. Paul. Visit the mises.org forums and you'll understand from people smarter than I.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
What makes you think I haven't already been following Mises Institute and various other sites? :0

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
If nearly total devastation occurred, there's lot of items that would be worth more than gold.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If nearly total devastation occurred, there's lot of items that would be worth more than gold.

In total devastation, almost everything other than food becomes worthless and the market shrinks from being the size of the planet to the distance you can walk from home. Dismissing gold based on that scenario is ridiculous.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
In total devastation, almost everything other than food becomes worthless and the market shrinks from being the size of the planet to the distance you can walk from home. Dismissing gold based on that scenario is ridiculous.

Absolutely because once trade starts occurring again, something is going to be traded as a currency of choice and the human tradition tends to default to gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.