Here we go again...Ex-worker sues Disney; says forbids Muslim head scarf

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
france did not ban the hijab!!!!!

the hijab is a headscarf you dummy.

Damn you have had 3 other people tell you that france did not ban the hijab but you keep believing and posting that they did. Wtf is wrong with you?

France did ban the hijab in public schools.

Again

France DID ban the Hijab in public schools grounds.

Last edited:

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
For the people who said France hasn't banned the Hijab.

YOU ARE WRONG. France banned the Hijab in Public Schools. So much ignorance.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
For the people who said France hasn't banned the Hijab.

YOU ARE WRONG. France banned the Hijab in Public Schools. So much ignorance.

only in school the hijab is banned, students can wear them outside of school. The Burka and veil are banned through out the country and can not be worn.

so much ignorance.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
only in school the hijab is banned, students can wear them outside of school. The Burka and veil are banned through out the country and can not be worn.

so much ignorance.

It is still a ban, and it isn't limited to students. It includes parents who visit the school. The fact is the law has prevented many muslims from attending french public schools. The law has also prevented french mothers from going to their childs school.

Apr 27, 2012

so much ignorance.

Its not ignorance, this ban is a good move for freedom. It will help prevent oppression and honor killings

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Here is the WIKI article on the LAW that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_law_on_secularity_and_conspicuous_religious_symbols_in_schools
Bans the HIJAB in schools.

FYI I don't support this law at all. I feel it is a violation of the basic religious freedom of these people.

Treat them with tolerance when they refuse to be tolerant of others. Continue to concede and acquiesce until the day they have the upper hand, then see how much freedom and tolerance there is. It goes something like this: Convert or die.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
It is still a ban, and it isn't limited to students. It includes parents who visit the school. The fact is the law has prevented many muslims from attending french public schools. The law has also prevented french mothers from going to their childs school.

Limiting their access to Western, liberal institutions (meaning courts, welfare, schools) is the only option left once you've already granted far too many asylum into your country. Allowing them access to the institutions simply enables their efforts to twist the system to their purposes and eventually bring it down.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Treat them with tolerance when they refuse to be tolerant of others. Continue to concede and acquiesce until the day they have the upper hand, then see how much freedom and tolerance there is. It goes something like this: Convert or die.

Their isn't a war, they aren't trying to take over Europe or the U.S.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Their isn't a war, they aren't trying to take over Europe or the U.S.

Any honest Muslim will tell you that eventually everyone will have to be Muslim. It's just the way it is.

It's not like there's some secret Muslim council somewhere plotting the takeover and planning the war. It's the religion itself, and the way it's developed & been radicalized. It's more like these people in dirt poor shitholes (like every Muslim majority nation, temporarily excluding some oil producers) see the pictures of the beautiful Western world, with it's marvels of civilization and want to go there and have that. When they arrive, their unwillingness to compromise their religion, and the way they've grown up make them outsiders who contribute nothing to their new host society. They leach social resources, and their children are more radical with each generation as they feel like unwelcome outsiders. They have more kids than their hosts, and gradually the shining beacon of the West that they immigrated to ends up another Islamic shithole. Reference the numerous cities in Scandanavia that will become majority Muslim in the next 10 years. Take a look at their Muslim on host crime rates while you're at it (particularly crimes against women.)

I'm not dumb enough to be shamed by accusations of racism, prejudice or small mindedness. I traveled throughout the middle east as a teenager, and I'm serving my second tour in Afghanistan.

It's not difficult to understand. Do you want your country to look like Afghanistan? Then by all means, invite tens of thousands of Afghans to come live in your country, and it's just a matter of time. Their religion excuses all actions undertaken to further the reach of Islam, and they have no qualms with lying to you, stealing from you or killing you. They will do whatever they feel they can get away with. And when they have the power, the majority, watch out, because they won't give a second thought about how nicely they've treated you.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
The head scarf business is just one allegation in the lawsuit. The other involves slurs which allegedly were not investigated by the employer after having been reported. All the talk and the headline is about the clothing issue, but the slur issue is a much more plausible basis for a lawsuit. I'm sure there's another side to the story because there always is, but I can tell you that if there is any juice to the slur allegations, Disney will settle this case.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Any honest Muslim will tell you that eventually everyone will have to be Muslim. It's just the way it is.

Same as every religion

I'm not dumb enough to be shamed by accusations of racism, prejudice or small mindedness. I traveled throughout the middle east as a teenager, and I'm serving my second tour in Afghanistan.

You stayed in a lot of luxury hotels and talked to some servants as a teen
In the military you only go where you are told to go and talk to who you are told to talk too.

Yes you are to thick and above most people to feel shame
Your types said the same things about all immigrants

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Same as every religion

You stayed in a lot of luxury hotels and talked to some servants as a teen
In the military you only go where you are told to go and talk to who you are told to talk too.

Yes you are to thick and above most people to feel shame
Your types said the same things about all immigrants

Hah, I got the shit kicked out of me by the police in Saudi Arabia for being a smartass as a teenager. My girlfriend and I thought we could dress and act like Americans in public, outside the hotels & housing areas. Nope. Turns out they can wear burkas and shout death to America in our country, but we can't wear shorts and say, "you're religion is ridiculous" when confronted about said shorts over there.

I don't think you understand the military well at all. I've accumulated enough toys and school supplies from care packages to go hand them out. So I create a mission, choosing a time and place to give them out. Develop the concept of operation, and submit it to higher headquarters for approval. I think you drastically understimate the latitude that a company grade officer has in a war zone.

And I have no problem with most immigrants. I have no problem with Latin American illegal immigrants. Ultimately, they share our values and much of our culture. They want to be like us, they don't just want to take advantage of what we've done and tear it all down.

In reference to your questions, I've been in since August 2008. So that puts me right around 4 years in service. As an officer, once you've completed your initial active duty service obligation (ADSO) you can submit your resignation at any time. ADSOs vary depending on commissioning source and any additional benefits you receive, ex: 5 year ADSO for West Point attendance, 3-5 year ADSO for ROTC depending on how many years of scholarship, 3 years for OCS (that's me.) Going to graduate school, or signing service agreements in exchange for your choice of job or duty location can also bring additional years of service. Same with repayment of student loans.

Since I never took anything from the Army, and already had the requisite bachelors degree when I joined, I had the minimum active duty service obligation of 3 years. As I'm finding out though, they make the resignation process extremely difficult and aggravating in an effort to retain\trap you. For example, I recieved orders to go to a professional development course, and I have 30 days to submit my resignation or I will be locked into the course. That course is scheduled for a year from now, and is 6 months long. By attending the course, I'll also owe an additional year of service upon the completion of the course. So I scrambled to put together my resignation here in Afghanistan, only to have it returned to me with "outdated verbiage corrections needed" on the resignation letter. I'll resubmit it, but technically I'm beyond my 30 day window to resign or attend the course, so I may be stuck in the active duty Army for another 2 years.

Then there's the 8 year Military Service Obligation that everyone has, that obligates you to 8 years total service on either Active Duty, or a Reserve force. Since I'll have only completed 5 years of Active duty, I'll need to spend another 3 years in the reserve if I'm released from active duty next summer. So I may have yet another chance to return here to beautiful Afghanistan, or maybe Syria or Iran.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Hah, I got the shit kicked out of me by the police in Saudi Arabia for being a smartass as a teenager. My girlfriend and I thought we could dress and act like Americans in public, outside the hotels & housing areas. Nope. Turns out they can wear burkas and shout death to America in our country, but we can't wear shorts and say, "you're religion is ridiculous" when confronted about said shorts over there.

I don't think you understand the military well at all. I've accumulated enough toys and school supplies from care packages to go hand them out. So I create a mission, choosing a time and place to give them out. Develop the concept of operation, and submit it to higher headquarters for approval. I think you drastically understimate the latitude that a company grade officer has in a war zone.

And I have no problem with most immigrants. I have no problem with Latin American illegal immigrants. Ultimately, they share our values and much of our culture. They want to be like us, they don't just want to take advantage of what we've done and tear it all down.

In reference to your questions, I've been in since August 2008. So that puts me right around 4 years in service. As an officer, once you've completed your initial active duty service obligation (ADSO) you can submit your resignation at any time. ADSOs vary depending on commissioning source and any additional benefits you receive, ex: 5 year ADSO for West Point attendance, 3-5 year ADSO for ROTC depending on how many years of scholarship, 3 years for OCS (that's me.) Going to graduate school, or signing service agreements in exchange for your choice of job or duty location can also bring additional years of service. Same with repayment of student loans.

Since I never took anything from the Army, and already had the requisite bachelors degree when I joined, I had the minimum active duty service obligation of 3 years. As I'm finding out though, they make the resignation process extremely difficult and aggravating in an effort to retain\trap you. For example, I recieved orders to go to a professional development course, and I have 30 days to submit my resignation or I will be locked into the course. That course is scheduled for a year from now, and is 6 months long. By attending the course, I'll also owe an additional year of service upon the completion of the course. So I scrambled to put together my resignation here in Afghanistan, only to have it returned to me with "outdated verbiage corrections needed" on the resignation letter. I'll resubmit it, but technically I'm beyond my 30 day window to resign or attend the course, so I may be stuck in the active duty Army for another 2 years.

Then there's the 8 year Military Service Obligation that everyone has, that obligates you to 8 years total service on either Active Duty, or a Reserve force. Since I'll have only completed 5 years of Active duty, I'll need to spend another 3 years in the reserve if I'm released from active duty next summer. So I may have yet another chance to return here to beautiful Afghanistan, or maybe Syria or Iran.

I volunteered for this deployment. My "time" has been up for a while. I can leave the Army anytime I want.

That's why when you stated the above, I thought it sounded fishy

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
No, it's not. Several religions don't actively attempt to convert others. Jews, for example. I've never had a Jew come to my door passing out pamplets, or seen one preaching in a public place.

How many Muslims have knocked on your door?
Mitts people were just at mine the other day
Even if Muslims did go door to door, so what?
Treat them like you do Mitts people and move on
They are not going to come back with a sword and behead you
America is not SA or Afghanistan and if you really fear that it could become like those countries, I don't know what to say...

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
That's why when you stated the above, I thought it sounded fishy

I don't follow. I could just have easily resigned from the Army instead of coming on this deployment. Or I could have stayed in the Army and not come here. I heard we were preparing another task force and made sure I was on it.

In retrospect, it would have been much easier to get out back then, because I wouldn't have had these orders to go to a professional development course. But I was still undecided about which turn my life should take next, so here I am.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I don't follow. I could just have easily resigned from the Army instead of coming on this deployment. Or I could have stayed in the Army and not come here. I heard we were preparing another task force and made sure I was on it.

In retrospect, it would have been much easier to get out back then, because I wouldn't have had these orders to go to a professional development course. But I was still undecided about which turn my life should take next, so here I am.

A month ago you said you that could leave Afghanistan, anytime you want.
You were on the same deployment as you are now, correct?

Can you leave anytime you want?
I don't know how to make it any simpler..

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003

Boo hoo, they [or their parents/grandparents] should have thought of that before moving to France. Its not a secret that France is a secular country and if any Muslim moved to France thinking they would be 100% acomodated then they were ignorant. If you were to move to a Muslim country would you expect that nation to bend over backwards and change their ways so that you are happy ? It aint happening...

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Boo hoo, they [or their parents/grandparents] should have thought of that before moving to France. Its not a secret that France is a secular country and if any Muslim moved to France thinking they would be 100% acomodated then they were ignorant. If you were to move to a Muslim country would you expect that nation to bend over backwards and change their ways so that you are happy ? It aint happening...

By far, most Muslims have been in France for over a hundred years
The first Mosque was built there by the government in appreciation for their service in France's military
The situation in France with Muslims can almost be compared to the way American black folk went from slavery to the ghettos
Instead of just rambling on, basing your opinions on nothing, people could just open up a browser window and learn some things

Last edited:

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
I am an atheist let me say I view muslims the exact same way as other theist.

Most Christians are good people, and most Muslims are good people. This idea that most muslims are waging some holy war, is like claiming Christians are waging a holy war, it isn't happening. Sure some extreamist on both sides might be having their own little holy war, but most are decent people trying to get by.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
A month ago you said you that could leave Afghanistan, anytime you want.
You were on the same deployment as you are now, correct?

Can you leave anytime you want?
I don't know how to make it any simpler..

I said I could leave the Army any time I want, not Afghanistan... And I've put in my resignation to do just that, with a requested exit date next summer. It's bad form to leave in the middle of a deployment and leave your teammates down a man. We just had a Major on my team do just that, and it's severely fucked us logistically.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I am an atheist let me say I view muslims the exact same way as other theist.

Most Christians are good people, and most Muslims are good people. This idea that most muslims are waging some holy war, is like claiming Christians are waging a holy war, it isn't happening. Sure some extreamist on both sides might be having their own little holy war, but most are decent people trying to get by.

I'm also an atheist, and I'm not fan of any religion (though I admire the Jews for their resolve,) but it's plain to see that Islam is the most destructive religion of our time. Comparing it to Christianity isn't even reasonable.

Again, look at every Muslim nation. Do you want to live there? Do you want your country to be like that? Because that's what Islam will do for you. It's not like it's a coincidence that every Muslim nation is a backwards shit hole that treats women like property and abuses basic, uncontested human rights.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
The lengths some will go here to show they should be sterilized and never be allowed to pass down their inane bigot retard gene never ceases to amaze....