Here we go again...Ex-worker sues Disney; says forbids Muslim head scarf

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 26, 2007
That woman had plenty of options, Disney tried to accommodate her with other jobs but no it was more important to attack Western Civilization. She wasn't born here as well

Yes indeed and while i'd say she is stupid and SHOULD be fired for being that dumb i would also be on the same side if it had been a christian woman wanting to wear a cross.

You wouldn't. You'd whine about how Christians are persecuted.

That's the difference between you and me, i'm not a hypocrite but you are.

What difference does it make where she was born? Is she a citizen? An American?

Do you actually want to revoke citizenship for women who won't follow the employers rules? Or is it reserved for dem dere muslum wiminz?

Why not just stick to stormfront, your ideas would be much more welcomed among the neo nazi crowd than it is among sane human beings.

Apr 27, 2012
Yes indeed and while i'd say she is stupid and SHOULD be fired for being that dumb i would also be on the same side if it had been a christian woman wanting to wear a cross.

You wouldn't. You'd whine about how Christians are persecuted.

That's the difference between you and me, i'm not a hypocrite but you are.

What difference does it make where she was born? Is she a citizen? An American?

Do you actually want to revoke citizenship for women who won't follow the employers rules? Or is it reserved for dem dere muslum wiminz?

Why not just stick to stormfront, your ideas would be much more welcomed among the neo nazi crowd than it is among sane human beings.

If the employer said no religious symobls at all I am fine, but if they say no Cross and let others wear there religious symbol then theres a problem

Her being born somewhere else is that she is coming to the country and refuses to integrate and is backwards

I am not a racist, I am just critical of radical islam and the threat it poses. storm front isnt for me. I have defended Hindus and Sikhs

Jun 26, 2007
If the employer said no religious symobls at all I am fine, but if they say no Cross and let others wear there religious symbol then theres a problem

Her being born somewhere else is that she is coming to the country and refuses to integrate and is backwards

I am not a racist, I am just critical of radical islam and the threat it poses. storm front isnt for me. I have defended Hindus and Sikhs

Well, the USA surely isn't for you if you think that revoking citizenships based on religion is ok.

Perhaps rather than send the woman somewhere you should go somewhere else?

Jun 26, 2007
I don't know about Hindus, but Sikhs would not fall under your definition of dressing American

http://sikhism.about.com/od/sikhism101/p/Gurmat.htm

Nor would nuns. :D

THS_IKEA-HIJAB_01_sml.jpg

make+a+nun+costume+1.jpg

NSFW nun http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57088/wikiality/images/2/23/Nun1.jpg

Apr 27, 2012
I don't know about Hindus, but Sikhs would not fall under your definition of dressing American

http://sikhism.about.com/od/sikhism101/p/Gurmat.htm

I have no problem with the Sikhs, there faces aren't covered.

I know some Sikhs and most of the men dont dress like those in your link as well I have been told its usually in there temple they dress like that. Its pretty much the same for the women

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I know some Sikhs and most of the men dont dress like those in your link as well I have been told its usually in there temple they dress like that. Its pretty much the same for the women

Most Muslims in the US don't dress up either
Where do you live that there are no Muslims around ?
There are probably thousands and you think they are Hindus or something

Jun 26, 2007
I have no problem with the Sikhs, there faces aren't covered.

Are you retarded? You do know that a hijab doesn't cover the face, right?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
What if more of us want you and your types kicked out?

This completely... I think if we put it to a vote he'd be sent packing by the end of the day. +1 vote for assholes like him following their own advice and getting the hell out...

I think I finally figured out where Riprorin went...

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
This completely... I think if we put it to a vote he'd be sent packing by the end of the day. +1 vote for assholes like him following their own advice and getting the hell out...

I think I finally figured out where Riprorin went...

I've been seeing a lot of examples of people forgetting the old *they came for, but I said nothing*
The right on here like to say the left forgets history, and then they argue against min wage and so many other things that have already been played out
I think they see pictures from the 50's and figure that was the life, why can't we be like that again

edit- I shouldn't of said just the right, because this thread was started by a left leaning Jew who does the same

Last edited:

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If there's proof of the complaints ... I think she has a case for this part:

Boudlal said she was also subject to anti-Arab and anti-Muslim slurs, including being called "terrorist" and "camel" by co-workers and supervisors. She said she reported the incidents to managers, but they took no action

But, I don't see her head scarf as being protected on the work place, especially if they offered her the option of working another position. (That said, I see nothing wrong with women wearing head scarves, just like how I think a christian person should be free to wear there little cross necklaces or whatever trinkets they wear.)

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
But, I don't see her head scarf as being protected on the work place, especially if they offered her the option of working another position. (That said, I see nothing wrong with women wearing head scarves, just like how I think a christian person should be free to wear there little cross necklaces or whatever trinkets they wear.)

The main reason for a uniform is so that employees can be easily identified by customers. Unless the 'extra' item of clothing either hinders that identification or somehow excessively distracts employees/customers, I can't see a good reason to say no to it.

However, I wonder whether some businesses see a uniform or dress code as a means of control, so therefore allowing someone a little more leeway over how they dress would work against that.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
France hasn't banned the hijab.

They did ban any clothing that covers the face like a niqab, burqa or a baklava in public though but it has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

They didn't want womens football players wearing the hijab but that is another matter in it's entirety.

France has banned children from wearing the hijab in public schools.

Because of the ban on the hijab in public schools many, maybe even most French Muslim girls no longer attend public schools in France.

Last edited:

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Ugh, the US and Western Europe would've been better off with no Muslim immigration in the first place. Their religion and culture simply isn't compatible with ours.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Ugh, the US and Western Europe would've been better off with no Muslim immigration in the first place. Their religion and culture simply isn't compatible with ours.

They know the crippling weakness of the West is political correctness and are exploiting it to the fullness while collecting big fat welfare checks.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

They know the crippling weakness of the West is political correctness and are exploiting it to the fullness while collecting big fat welfare checks.

Muslim Americans, for instance, are among the most highly educated religious groups in the US, second to Jews. In a remarkable finding, 43 percent of Muslim-American women hold a college or postgraduate degree, compared with 29 percent of US women overall. They are as likely as Muslim men to hold professional jobs. The group shows strong employment rates, including 30 percent in professional work and 25 percent self-employed.

Muslim Americans volunteer in their communities to the same degree as other US citizens, and they give slightly more to charity. While 80 percent consider religion important to them, weekly worship attendance (41 percent) is typical of other religious groups. Their political participation has risen rapidly in recent years, though it still lags behind that of others.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2009/0303/p02s02-ussc.html

I guess in a way you guys are right, but not in the way you think

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
'tis not gonna happen. :D

I don't know what more i can possibly say on the subject since the notion is in itself so stupid.

What is the #1 name for newborn boys, again? All the various spellings of Muhammad.

Demographics shift over time, not a damn thing you will say or do to change where it's going. Deny it all you like, ignorant opinion does not change the next generation's ownership of the UK.