here is what you will be fined (TAXED) for not having health insurance

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Of course you could just not pay the penalty. Then the IRS can sue you? If they sue you it is twice the penalty. Well I could start a commune and make all things common and work off the barter system.

AFAIK, there are no provisions for the IRS to get the money from you except by garnishing your income tax return. You could change you W4 to ensure you never get money back and then they can do nothing to get the healthcare tax from you.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Are you laughing at yourself? You find it funny that your maturity level is 0 and that when you have no substance you resort to name calling?

Is this your equivalent of umad bro?

You don't even see it! That is what makes it even MORE funny!

You call me names and insult me, all the while saying it is wrong and bad and only losers do it.

:D

I cannot keep doing this - it is like repeatedly touching the left shoulder of a retarded kid while standing on his right side. He looks left but no one is there. It is funny to do - but picking on retarded kids is mean.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Coming to the hospital when you are sick or injured and uninsured is a choice.

umm no its not. where the fuck do you get this?? I do not know not one FP doc who will see you at THEIR office for emergencies. i sure know mine will not.

a person is knocked out and hurt badly in a car accident they get hauled to the hospital. the paramedics just dont move him to the ditch to get him out of traffic.

your mom strokes out and has no insurance, do you let her die or take her to the hospital?? remember you are making the choice not her.

a kid falls off his bicycle and snaps his ulanr and radius, yea the hospital is optional, it will set on its own.

jesus do you even read what you type??

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
The difference being who is holding the moral high ground. I have no illusions of accomplishing anything, only dying while holding to my principles.

You quoted your own post. We all know you will comply with whatever is put in front of you in reality.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Sorry, I have a hard time believing that most people will willingly deal with the hassle of going to the ER if they have better options.

It is what it is. If it's 10% or some other number that's irrelevant. What matters is that significant resources then they are still being tied up.
You're kidding, right? Neither side will accept responsibility for any bad aspects of any program or plan, no matter what it is. In a few years, regardless of what is actually going on, the Republicans will claim that things are bad and it's because of Obamacare. And the Democrats will claim that things are much improved, because of Obamacare.

I'm dead serious. The Dems and some independents pushed Obamacare onto us. Those who wanted anything else were told to go pound sand. The Dems came up with a political solution to a health issue without doing the hard work and never was there a debate about the serious issues that have been presented. Nothing. At. All.

What the Reps did was oppose the Dems plan and no they didn't have an alternative to this craptastic legislation.

Well the Dems got this through the courts and now it's theirs. It does nothing significant to address the core problems but this is it. There won't be another opportunity until a crisis arises and then we're screwed, but we did get the mandate past the SCOTUS, so that fixes everything. No, it does not.

Consequently it's theirs and those who wanted it.

May 16, 2000
You quoted your own post. We all know you will comply with whatever is put in front of you in reality.

ooops, fixed. Thanks for the catch.

You mean comply like I did when I lost everything fighting for my daughter even though it was hopeless? Faced jail over a wrongful seatbelt ticket? Faced court martial over immoral orders? Gave up my car/driving rather than obtain auto insurance? Lost jobs refusing to tow the line? Am facing death rather than participate in the corrupted healthcare system?

Bottom line: I've never complied with ANYTHING I disagreed with in my life, regardless of the cost or implications, and I won't start now. I am an ABSOLUTE idealist and will be til the day I die.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

You mean comply like I did when I lost everything fighting for my daughter even though it was hopeless? Faced jail over a wrongful seatbelt ticket? Faced court martial over immoral orders? Gave up my car/driving rather than obtain auto insurance? Lost jobs refusing to tow the line? Am facing death rather than participate in the corrupted healthcare system?

Bottom line: I've never complied with ANYTHING I disagreed with in my life, regardless of the cost or implications, and I won't start now. I am an ABSOLUTE idealist and will be til the day I die.

you do a good job as a martyr for sure. Doubt you have ever put yourself on the line though. No one has this much drama unless looking for it.

May 16, 2000
you do a good job as a martyr for sure. Doubt you have ever put yourself on the line though. No one has this much drama unless looking for it.

Poverty, jail, loss of rights and freedom, social ridicule, and death...man, you must have a pretty extreme opinion of what constitutes 'on the line'.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

My sarcasm meter went off powerfully on this post.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
You don't even see it! That is what makes it even MORE funny!

You call me names and insult me, all the while saying it is wrong and bad and only losers do it.

:D

I cannot keep doing this - it is like repeatedly touching the left shoulder of a retarded kid while standing on his right side. He looks left but no one is there. It is funny to do - but picking on retarded kids is mean.

Name one insult/name I called you. I'll be waiting.

Last edited:

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009

Martyrs throughout the course of history have gotten way too much credit for far too little accomplished.

If you really think this law is wrong, why not do something? Rally the people to your cause, give speeches and talks to teach your point of view, persuade your statesman with empassioned letters that appeal to his logic and reason, hold fundraisers, file suits for unconstitutiionality on other grounds, heck enter politics yourself, and so on. A martyr instead just lets himself be thrown to the lions or burned at the stake, rather than actually trying to deal with his problems.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Easy enough:

This is a poorly veiled insult, hence my laughing at you over it.

Umm, lol. I don't think so. You do sorely need to justify your rants though. I guess I don't blame you. You dug yourself pretty deep. Still no excuse for your behavior.

Just stop having hissy fits and insulting others as a substitute for debate and you'll be fine.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Umm, lol. I don't think so. You do sorely need to justify your rants though. I guess I don't blame you.

Just stop having hissy fits and insulting others as a substitute for debate and you'll be fine.

Yep, you do not disappoint. You do not feel that saying I look rather pathetic is an insult. Not surprised you could not follow your own logic through and simply laugh at your own stupidity.

Once you become honest without yourself and stop using lies as a substitute for debate, you will be fine.

The bolded part is your problem...you really need to actually start thinking. It may hurt a little when you first start doing it, but it gets easier each time.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yep, you do not disappoint. You do not feel that saying I look rather pathetic is an insult. Not surprised you could not follow your own logic through and simply laugh at your own stupidity.

Once you become honest without yourself and stop using lies as a substitute for debate, you will be fine.

The bolded part is your problem...you really need to actually start thinking. It may hurt a little when you first start doing it, but it gets easier each time.

About 15 insults against me in an attempt to feel superior because you have no argument. I point out that insulting is pathetic as a form of "debate" and you use false equivalence to justify your behavior.. then you continue to try to act superior.

Then on top of that you accuse me of "lies."

Brilliant projection.

Insults, projection, and deflection. I guess when you have nothing else...

May 16, 2000
Martyrs throughout the course of history have gotten way too much credit for far too little accomplished.

If you really think this law is wrong, why not do something? Rally the people to your cause, give speeches and talks to teach your point of view, persuade your statesman with empassioned letters that appeal to his logic and reason, hold fundraisers, file suits for unconstitutiionality on other grounds, heck enter politics yourself, and so on. A martyr instead just lets himself be thrown to the lions or burned at the stake, rather than actually trying to deal with his problems.

Have done all of that (except entering politics myself, which would be fruitless). Am currently shopping attorneys to take my challenge on Establishment violation based on the use of religious exemption under Welsh v. US and a few others.

It's not about being a martyr, it's about never surrendering what is important to the individual. Anyone who does is a failure of a human being. For those with no deeply held convictions it's seldom an issue either way, so they frequently just don't understand.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
No... those 32 million are an estimate yes... but are not part of the population that would be buying or subject to the exchanges. These 32 million at those that live just outside the "dirt poor" status that prevents them from receiving Medicaid coverage today. These 32 million have no skin in the game... They just get added to the state's Medicaid rosters by default with the ACA... That changes a bit with the SCOTUS ruling, as states can opt out... but time will tell.
The change is more than, "a bit." The number could nearly be halved (assuming California stays in, it would be unlikely to reach 1/2).

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
umm no its not. where the fuck do you get this?? I do not know not one FP doc who will see you at THEIR office for emergencies. i sure know mine will not.

a person is knocked out and hurt badly in a car accident they get hauled to the hospital. the paramedics just dont move him to the ditch to get him out of traffic.

your mom strokes out and has no insurance, do you let her die or take her to the hospital?? remember you are making the choice not her.

a kid falls off his bicycle and snaps his ulanr and radius, yea the hospital is optional, it will set on its own.

jesus do you even read what you type??

Do you? Doc offices and emergencies? WTF are you on about... Stop cherry picking and read the fucking post or don't reply to it. Because you clearly know I am not talking about poor Mom (who has already has government health care coverage) and poor little bobby who fell off his bike (he has government health coverage, too) nor am I talking about turning away people who need help but don't have insurance because they have no money (we can and DO get these people covered by the end of their stay). That's how we get paid. We don't get paid by a certain class of people though...

We are talking about turning away selfish assholes who feel they are entitled to blow off that little health insurance deduction from their paycheck in favor of more take home pay. Or the self-employed guy who makes enough to buy insurance but doesn't. The same assholes who claim this isn't fair, this is a tax, and they should be able to continue to pay nothing and expect everything. Fuck them and their choice.

I'm done replying to your disingenuous posts any longer. The fact that you keep trotting out that tiny little violin diverting the topic to people who are already insured and don't have to pay this invented "tax" you have made up sure smells like someone thinking people in health care are well off enough already that we don't always need to get paid for our time and services. That people should have the choice to not buy health insurance AND have the choice to fuck us out of our money because nah nah nah nah, we don't (YET) have the choice to deny them.

Nice to have choices eh... Keep protecting people that make bad ones... Again, if you don't want to buy insurance... fine... don't come to the hospital. If you can't for some reason, we'll get it for you, so stop 'worrying' about mom and bobby...

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
You can insure - you do not have to.

I was more being critical of it because everyone was 'oooing' and 'ahhhing' over it. Like it is a good thing to have to pay for your adult children's insurance. O thank you government for allowing me to subsidize my adult children.

I don't participate much in these threads because I know that this legislation is flawed and that it will result in negative growth and have the direct opposite effect than was intended (with the only clear winners being those that we are forced to purchase service from) - just as intended, I might add.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
About 15 insults against me in an attempt to feel superior because you have no argument. I point out that insulting is pathetic as a form of "debate" and you use false equivalence to justify your behavior.. then you continue to try to act superior.

Then on top of that you accuse me of "lies."

Brilliant projection.

And since you did it too...does that mean you hold a double standard (it is wrong for others to do it but right for you) or are you simply a hypocrit (it is wrong for everyone but you do it anyway)?

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
Do you? Doc offices and emergencies? WTF are you on about... Stop cherry picking and read the fucking post or don't reply to it. Because you clearly know I am not talking about poor Mom (who has already has government health care coverage) and poor little bobby who fell off his bike (he has government health coverage, too) nor am I talking about turning away people who need help but don't have insurance because they have no money (we can and DO get these people covered by the end of their stay). That's how we get paid. We don't get paid by a certain class of people though...

We are talking about turning away selfish assholes who feel they are entitled to blow off that little health insurance deduction from their paycheck in favor of more take home pay. Or the self-employed guy who makes enough to buy insurance but doesn't. The same assholes who claim this isn't fair, this is a tax, and they should be able to continue to pay nothing and expect everything. Fuck them and their choice.

I'm done replying to your disingenuous posts any longer. The fact that you keep trotting out that tiny little violin diverting the topic to people who are already insured and don't have to pay this invented "tax" you have made up sure smells like someone thinking people in health care are well off enough already that we don't always need to get paid for our time and services. That people should have the choice to not buy health insurance AND have the choice to fuck us out of our money because nah nah nah nah, we don't (YET) have the choice to deny them.

Nice to have choices eh... Keep protecting people that make bad ones... Again, if you don't want to buy insurance... fine... don't come to the hospital. If you can't for some reason, we'll get it for you, so stop 'worrying' about mom and bobby...

What you are missing is that most 1st world countries have health insurance coverage based on the taxes they are 'already' paying - ala single payer. If you want 'extra' coverage, you can pay for it (at reasonable rates in most countries I might add). All the major stuff/emergencies, etc are covered though. We are already taxed at a rate equal to or higher than most of these 1st world countries, and we receive no health care benefits for our tax money now. Rather than take what we 'aleady give' - they are going to take more on top of our taxes. When you add American's taxes to our health care expenses - we pay more than almost any industrialized nation for the double whammy of taxes/health care. If other countries can fund a basic level of care for all citizens based on their taxes, we could too - except for we like to spend too much on our military, etc.

Its amazing that we get taken to the cleaners repeatedly, get very little for our tax dollars compared to other nations, and people are still 'happy'.