Help with VPN Setup using Cisco RV320 router

sparkythewildcat

Jun 7, 2019
Hi, this is my first post here, so apologies if I do anything wrong.

I'm trying to set up a VPN connection between a server and several PCs at different remote systems. The proposed connection would be Server>RV320 router>Internet>Remote device. I'm extremely new to practical VPN useage, but I'm needing to get a secure VPN connection setup between this server and about 6 different locations asap. I'm attempting to do this using the OpenVPN built into the RV320, but I'm way over my head here. I'm running into all kinds of issues. All the guides I can find are either out of date, incomplete, or not what I'm looking for. I tried to use the EasyVPN client to gateway setup on the RV320, but the VPN client application is incompatible with Windows 10 and some of the machines that will need to use this VPN are Win10 machines.

If there's anyone that would be willing to give me some help, advice, point me to a guide/video that could help, or even alternative methods to achieving the end goal of a secure connection between this server and the other remote devices, I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thank you all in advance

sparkythewildcat

Jun 7, 2019
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to use these fixes for the VPN client on Win10. For various reasons, I'm unable to use any kind of workarounds that require registry edits or anything even mildly sketchy. I told my boss about the registry edits and even though I believe it would work and shouldn't cause issues, it got a hard thumbs down.

sparkythewildcat

Jun 7, 2019
That was my next thought. It seems you're traveling down the same logical route that i was prior to making this post. Unfortunately, Cisco removed the SSL VPN after a certain firmware version. Now they recommend Open VPN as it's replacement, but I'm unable to get that one configured and setup correctly. Probably due to my inexperience in these things.