Help with USB headset in some games/apps

cloakster

Sep 17, 2007
I just bought the http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/...=20398&test%5Fcookie=1"]Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 and i want to be able to switch from hearing everything out of my speakers to hearing it out of my headset. Its not very simple since its a USB headset. So i went to the control panel > sounds and audio devices > audio tab and i switched it to the LX-3000 headset. The problem is that in some games/apps it will still go through my speakers. These games/apps that still go through the speakers are: Windows Media Player, Quicktime, Winamp, NHL '08, and BF2. The ones that work fine are: GTA SA, CS:Source, Power DVD, any desktop program like MSN, firefox, or IRC. These are the only things ive tested. Ive tried adjusting every setting i can find, WMP even had a thing in the settings for this and it still went out of my speakers. So, what am i doing wrong, because it obviously should be able to work for all games/apps? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
In winamp go to option->preferences->output->directsound(or whatever you are using)->Configure->select the correct device

cloakster

Sep 17, 2007
Thanks, that worked for WinAmp :) Any suggestions for anything else that could work for all programs?

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: cloakster
Thanks, that worked for WinAmp :) Any suggestions for anything else that could work for all programs?

Do you have "Only use default devices" checked in the "sounds and audio devices" section of control panel? This is in the Audio tab.