help with the crack rack

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Okay, it's 0548 in the morning. And I can't quite figure this out. I'm trying to install a 12V LED switch. The switch has three poles. If I install on 1 & 2, it powers correctly, but there is no LED activation. If I go through 2 & 3, the LED activates, but it can't handle the power requirement of the load.

Can someone point out how my brain is being stupid?

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
And you think your brain is being stupid... wtf is a LED switch and what does it do? lol...

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I have a few like these and a few of another type (LED rocker switches, where the whole thing lights up kinda thing). And it's just a switch. On or off. With a LED indicator. I'd like to have these installed for the rack. One for lights. Another for fans. And some for the machines, although I haven't quite figured that one out yet, because the ATX_ON is not +12V. Oh well though.

RobertE

May 14, 2005
<wifes voice>

You did read the directions didn't you?

<end wifes voice>

These here

Anyway if the ones that you have are like the one in you link, then I think it goes like this.

1 & 2 to power (+), 3 to ground. (-) should have the LED on constantly.

or

Try 1 to (+) and 3 to ground (-). LED should then turn on when the switch is on.

There isn't that many combinations so trial and error will get you there eventually. :p