Help with Striker II Extreme settings

horseman18702

Banned
Jan 24, 2009
*** I have posted this in the Motherboard section as well since I really didnt know where this exact issue belonged***

Here is my current situation that I hope can be helped by someone out here so that I dont lose my mind - totally.

I have all the gear necessary for a decent system but I cant seem to get the best out of this board without going through the ups and downs of lock-ups and restart after restart.

I have read throughout the net and even on this board and I am not looking to do the whole extreme OC thing but do want the settings of the board to give me decent performance for what is inside of it.

I generally do websites and stuff using the whole Adobe Suite but built this for doing 3D using 3DS Max, Maya, Houdini, and some others while doing the gaming thing on occasion like Crysis and COD to releive the craziness of design.

Here is what I have currently:
Asus Striker II Extreme w/ 1104 bios
Intel Q9450 Yorkfield Core 2 Quad
Corsair Dominator DDR3 2000 4GB (2x2)
EVGA Gtx 260 SSC
WD Raptor 150 (with several slaves)
Cosmos S case w/ a Antec 600 PSS (I know this needs to bumped up later to accomodate either additional 260's or a 295 but it actually is handling everything quite well at the moment)
and finally all is driven by Vista Ultimate 64.

All nVidia motherboard and video card drivers are up to date as well as all other updates for all the programs that I use on this PC including the ASUS ones.

Right now everything is pretty much setup on auto giving me what I assume is general performance but the nice part is that I dont experience lockups or BSOD but the downside is that with all that is inside, I just dont think that this is that "amazing" just yet.

Can anyone offer suggestions of all of the BIOS settings or PC settings that can make this hum without going to the extreme of lockups or instability? Any help is appreciated even if it involves reading through other articles (although like I stated before, I have done plenty of searching before actually posting).

Also, if you ask me very technical stuff, please dont mind if I clarify the info first as I am not as familar with the extreme ins and outs of BIOS terminology.

Many thanks in advance,
JJ