Help with pproxy stats

CLL Sr

Oct 12, 1999
I am trying to setup my own stats using ppstats7.1 The ini file is all garbled . Can someone post a copy or email me a copy of theirs so I can edit and save it to get this going?

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Dougal

Oct 10, 1999
Hi CLL Sr,

You should already have a backup copy more os less, there is a file called ppstats-rc5.ini.win32 supplied with the proxy builds that gives a good idea for a Windows setup. I'll email you a copy of the two I'm using at the moment, on'e san internal Win98 machine and the other is an NT box running IIS. Alternatively, if you can give me an idea how you're setting it up (OS version, directory structure, etc...) I can probably run up a suitable INI file for you. I've set up a few pProxies now for different locations both at work and home.

CLL Sr

Oct 12, 1999
Dougal,
I'm using Win 2000 professional w/IIS 5.0. I have it setup af a firewall protecting an 7 node internal network using class C liscensing stucture (ie: 192.168.0.1). I have the pProxy working fine but I can't get the pPstats 7.1 to function correctly. It says the set priority function is not set but I can't find a line fot setting priority.
Any help is appreciated.
Chris

Dougal

Oct 10, 1999
Hi Chris,

OK, this one caught me out at first as well because I was using it on 98 which doesn't support the option and I left it off when I copied the files over onto NT. The lines you're looking for are actually in the perl script itself, not the ini file, and they look a bit like this :-

#--- Priority ----------------------------------------------------------------
# Set script to nice priority. Comment out the following line for use on NT.
# For NT users, try Thomas Minor's program for setting script priority at
# http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/2530/files/dNetPProxyStats/runit-idle.zip
#setpriority(0,0,20);

Basically, I just commented out the setpriority line by adding a "#" to the front and everything is fine.

Lemme know if you need anything else,

Martin