Help with PCChips M780 (Rev.1.5A)!!!!!

freshspace

Mar 23, 2002
I need some help. This is a socket 370 FCPGA board. I currently have Celeron 700 running in it. It is one of those all-in-one board with onboard video and sound. I had problems getting video on this. Thus, I bought an AGP video card and I have gf2 mx200 card running in there. However, now, I want to use that card, and I would like to turn on the on-board video. I have had other all-in-one boards, and they all seem to get video as soon as you plug the monitor to the VGA slot. With this, you don't get anything. I have gone into the bios, and the only pertinent section is the "init video" where I have tried both "AGP" and "PCI." It still doesn't work. Am I missing something here? Can someone help me? Other than that, the board works fine. This system has:

250watt generic power supply (it is working fine with the gf2 card in there)
PCChips M780 mobo
Intel Celeron 700
320mb of pc100 memory
40X CD drive
Seagate HD

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Peter's the resident PCCHips Guru so here's a bump for ya as I know nothing of that board. I did just take a look@the manual for it and in the standard CMOS settings of the bios there's a video setting it says to leave@the default value so make sure it's correct, I would also clear the CMOS just to be certain everything's@default values as well. There were a number of AGP settings and power saving options for the video but with everything@default it shouldn't be a factor. Good luck :)

freshspace

Mar 23, 2002
Thanks Dapunisher. I'll go over all the jumper settings. What happens if you "clear" the CMOS? Doesn't that return your board to its default settings, or something like that? Are there any precautions? Something like if you don't do it correctly, your board will die?

You have a wonderful "sunshine" in your house, a/k/a "lil punisher."

Peter

Elite Member
Oct 15, 1999
Do the CMOS reset. That'll bring it back up, using the integrated VGA, and prompt you with a complaint about "lost CMOS" (well duh). Then visit BIOS setup, make your choices and adjustments, and there you go.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Thanx for the compliment on my son freshspace :D Post back how you make out.

freshspace

Mar 23, 2002
Hi everyone,

I tried everything that you suggested. I reset the CMOS. I still get a blank screen. I mean it seems like the video signal doesn't even reach the monitor. When I hooked up the monitor to the video card, then the monitor comes alive. I then got the message that CMOS was lost or something to that effect. Anyway, I am forced to run the computer with the video card in the system right now. Any other suggestions?