Help with NVMax, it's done something i don't think it should've done...

Scuttle

Sep 22, 2001
So for the last few hours i've slowly been working my way up again to find the most stable/fast speeds i can get. Currently i am on 207/488 and still no artifacts (But there are when i push the memory to 491, so i'm concentrating on the core. However, i installed Powerstrip so i could raise the memory in 1Mhz increments but it reccomends not starting it if the current speeds aren't the default ones, so i open NVMax to set them down, and shock horror(!) it seems as if i've gone too far on the memory as now the slider stops at 410Mhz. Needless to say, with it in this position i cannot get it to factory speeds (But at the same time i'm chuffed that it had to go higher for me )
So yeah....help?

(Also, will i get artifacts when i push the core too far? Just i know i do on the memory, but am not sure on the core - Cheers)

(pps, i made 5.5k in 3dmark 2001!)

rogue1979

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2001
Usually too much core speed will get a lock-up or thrown back to the desktop. I just learned this today and it works great.
Regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - System - CurrentControlSet - Control - Services - Class - Display - 0000 - Nvidia - NVTweak - Hardware then copy the Krusty value to the Bart value. Hit F5 and close, go into the oveclocking tab and you're set.

Scuttle

Sep 22, 2001
Okay, mine and your registry's differ. I'm using XP Pro and have done:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - System - CurrentControlSet - Control

But cannot find the services bit you talk about...

Help appreciated! :)

rogue1979

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2001
I am using Win 98, I am not sure about XP, but maybe try software-Nvidia Corporation and look there.