Help with MD Deck and Optical in

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
Ok, here's my problem...

I was using my MD deck, (Model number MDS-JE330) connected to my computer with regular analog cables (i.e. the ones that are red and white)

I just bought a new sound card, a Hercules Fortissimo II, and it has an optical out, that i can connect my MD deck to. So i did that, However, when i try to record on Digital mode, it gives me the message "Din Unlock" then flashes "C71"

I cannot find my manual, does anyone know what the heck's goin on? Help!

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
well, i'm not sure what that message means, but are you sure that your digital output is enabled? sometimes you have to turn that on via software before anything actually comes out of it

just an idea

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
Yah, the output's workin, i enabled it on my comp.

Anybody else have any ideas what this could mean?

flood

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
Try running your sound from the digital out, thru the md's dac, and thru some speakers. This'll confirm that everything is hooked up right and working. then the problem would be localized to the MD deck.

Supradude

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2000
are you sure you have the MD set to digital in?... and make sure the ports arent dusty, excessive dust in the optical ports can cause weird errors...

flood

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
try changing the sampling rate to 44.1khz
i think the fortissimo defaults to 48 and your md deck may not support downsampling

GoSharks

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 1999
Heres a link to the manual

the sampleling rate should not be a problem, i think all mdrs can downsample.

in the soundcard menu thing, the green one, on the other screen, make sure that the digital output configuration is set to be on "main outputs" and that copy protection is not checked.