Help With G.Skill Trident z RGB with MSI Z370 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlyTitan

Oct 20, 2017
Will the G.Skill Trident z RGB ram work with MSI board? I have MSI GPU and so decided to go with MSI board since they both can be controlled with MSI mystic but i heard that G.Skill Trident z RGB wont work with anything other than Asus boards?

i heard that ram have a lot of problems on its own but its the only RGB ram i have available. Corsair RGB is out of stock darn it. i originally wanted to go with Corsair RGB ram.

can i control the lightening effects on the ram with MSI MYSTIC ? or i need to install G.Skill software? wont they conflict with eachother ?

On a completely different question are MSI boards even good/reliable ? Am going to buy MSI Z370 Krait Gaming. cause its cheaper than Asus Strix Z370 -f and comes with a ton of RBG lights and dual strengthened PCIe slots and some free but useful goods. is it a bad decision?

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...nt-z-rgb-msi-motherboard-please-help.2532371/

Do not create multiple posts
on the same subject. It is against
forum rules. Locking this one.

AT Mod Usandthem

Last edited by a moderator:

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
I'm not so sure about that Asus thing. My buddy has the same ram running fine on a Ryzen system with a Gigabyte motherboard.

And yes you have to use G.Skill's software to control the ram LED's.

DeadlyTitan

Oct 20, 2017
I'm not so sure about that Asus thing. My buddy has the same ram running fine on a Ryzen system with a Gigabyte motherboard.

And yes you have to use G.Skill's software to control the ram LED's.

well its said that the ram would work on any board but customization is limited to asus boards.

wont the MSI mystic light interfere with the G.Skill software ? i heard plenty of complaints that the ram LED's dying cause of conflict between 2 software's.

Status
Not open for further replies.