Help with Batman Arkham City

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
So I need help with 2 things. First I don't understand how to change the controls for the game, I'm left handed so usually have to reprogram a lot of stuff. It says I need to use the Launcher but don't know how to do this. I right clicked on the icon on the desktop and in the start menu and don't see a "launcher".

I also don't really know whats going on in the combat in the game. I'm at the very beginning and just met the Penguin. I counter attacked him then have to fight the thugs. I continually beat the crap out of them and they just keep getting back up, eventually I die after many minutes of beating their a$$. What am I supposed to be doing here?

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
So I saw a walkthrough on Youtube and it appears that I'm supposed to break out of the cuffs in mid combat but I don't. WTF??

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
Ok got it, I had to hit the counter attack after attacking to break the cuffs.

Still need to figure out how to change the the controls though. Using the stock controls being left handed is a bitch.

nenforcer

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2008
Sad to see you still can't make these changes in-game on the PC version, and instead have to launch from BMLauncher.EXE.

Same issue with Batman:AA.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Sad to see you still can't make these changes in-game on the PC version, and instead have to launch from BMLauncher.EXE.

Same issue with Batman:AA.

Are you seriously able to play Batman with the rig in your sig on a 1900x1200 monitor o_O

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
BMlauncher.exe definitely does the trick. Seems like they should just make that the startup shortcut for the game since it has a settings tab and a play game tab.

The game is way awesome. Its taking me a while to get used to the controls but the fun factor is up there. Also the graphics are awesome, of course its the first new game I've played since like 2005.

So far I've been playing with DX11 stuff turned on with no problems.

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
Oh yeah I got the cuffs off. Really digging the game now but just a few hours in. Just destroyed all the Penguin's signal jammers and am going back to the museum.

Still amazed at the graphics after a 5-6 year break from games. Such a neat environment to navigate, the graphics are just the icing on top of the cake.