Help with a Sonos Connect input

tinpanalley

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
I've got a Sonos Connect inputting a CD player and a turntable and also sharing to a Sonos Move. I set it up a few months ago and we've never been happier. There really are very few pleasures more heartwarming than walking through your house and hearing a record or CD you love seamlessly wherever you go.

Problem I'm trying to resolve... We play a lot of audio files from our computer which is on the home network. So in the desktop, they sound great. Outputted to the stereo receiver by cable (also for gaming purposes) they sound great. The problem is how do I get that signal into the Connect so that it can also go to the Move via wifi?

The only thing I can think is that you take the output of the receiver and also make that an input into the Connect and the Connect then sends that back to the speakers on the receiver the way it does with the records and CDs and at the same time out to the Move. But that seems like a weird loop that wouldn't work. So I thought, the computer audio needs to become a signal.

If you're wondering why I can't go into the Connect directly with the computer audio, it's because the connect causes a delay. And when watching something on the desktop outputted to the tv or playing PC games using the tv as a monitor, that audio wouldn't sync up.

Hope this all makes sense. Any ideas @sdifox?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stg-Flame Audio Components 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY