HELP with 8500 and European Air Wars...any flight simmers here?

moocat

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 1999
This is an older game but still one of the best ww2 flight sims around. However, I have one small problem with the "career mode menu" screens. The screen is full of lines as though the monitor has lost sync and the mouse leaves tracers all over the place. This is a known issue with EAW and Geforce cards. The Geforce was fixed with a registry tweak. I cannot find a similar tweak for the 8500. Other than the career mode menu the game runs great...no other menus create a problem and the 3d is flawless.

I know this is a long shot but what the he11. Any leads will be much appreciated.

moocat

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 1999
Looks like this is a known issue and ATI says that driver sets 9021 and up will fix it. I had driver set 9026 and still had problems but when I updated to the 9050s the problem was solved.

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
Was this game meant to run Glide? because it looks kinda weird with D3d. But, is still pretty cool. Love those English/Scottish/Irish (whatever they are) voices in the Battle of Britain scenarios.

moocat

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 1999
Yea, it's a glide game but it looks pretty good with some 3rd party addons at 1280x1024 w/2x aa and 8x aniso in D3d. There are some issues with it displaying horizon haze/fog correctly though I don't miss it cause I've never seen it displayed properly.

eaw addons here