HELP WANTED. Inquire inside. Trump administration.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, has everyone received their HELP WANTED pamphlet in the mail?
Or seen all the posters in your local grocery store window?
I don't know. I just don't know.
I'm considering it. I think I'm considering it. Well, I think I'm considering it.
Are you?
When everyone else has turned down the position of Whitehouse chief of staff, is that the time to act?
The time to toss your hat in the ring, even when yours might be the only hat tossed?
First off, it would take moving to Washington DC. And finding a house or rental. And leaving the family behind. And the dog....
And what about food? Are there any good restaurants around Washington DC? And reasonable in price?
How is the take-out?

But the real consideration, and the possible deal breaker, comes down to actually working for Donald Trump.
Some of you may have voted for Donald Trump, but would you actually WORK for this guy? Considering....
Need to take that into consideration.
But heck.... I just don't know.
It's like considering going into war, and all you see on the nightly news are the body bags.
Bodies piled up everywhere.
And those still within the administration, and still surviving, how about their frame of mind?
They all seem a bit suicidal.
The smile on Kelly Conway's face is not so much a look of "should I do it?", but more so the look of "how to do it?".
I just don't know... Would it be smart to become part of all THAT? And that carnage?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Give me 6 months and a wire. Then the book comes out and I make 9 figures.

I'm in!

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Found the ad!

55421fd3ecad048714bdc387-750.jpg

Reactions: Vic and cytg111

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Hell yes.

This is the dream job for a lazy oaf such as myself. Trump wants someone in the position but doesn't want them to do anything. I can handle that. This would be like Omarosa Manigault Newman all over again. Just collect the paycheck and shut-up. With an unlimited travel budget, I'd be hitting the beach ground to make sure that the President's agenda was being implemented. It would take Trump about three hours to forget he even hired me.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Chief of staff is probably the most demanding job on the face of the planet, even when you aren't also having to clean up after a manchild.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Chief of staff is probably the most demanding job on the face of the planet, even when you aren't also having to clean up after a manchild.
Only if you actually do the job. Since Trump explicitly doesn't want the job to be done, easy peazy.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I tripped across this Craigslist ad yesterday:

Senior Official (Washington DC)
Pennsylvania Avenue at 16th Street

(google map)

compensation: $179,700 per year. Many perks, including a security detail and weekly trips to golf resorts aboard a customized Boeing 747.
employment type: full-time
A prominent federal government agency seeks a top-level manager for a staff of approximately 2000. We are looking for someone to improve the performance of a staff consisting almost entirely of D-list opportunists.

Requirements:

Experience working closely with the elderly in the early to middle stages of dementia.
Experience running a family business rife with nepotism and meddling, incompetent relatives.
Willing to be on-call 24/7 to respond to national emergencies, urgent calls from world leaders and Twitter shit-storms.

Nice to have:

Russian language fluency.
Established relationship with a personal criminal defense attorney.
Ability to obtain a high-level security clearance a plus, but not strictly required, apparently.

Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 6769672891

Sounds like a rewarding job!

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I figure Kelly decided to get out before he went Postal...

The sissy in chief can't flip a coin, much less figure out how to pay with a credit card and you think he can handle a gun?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Didn't figure him to be the postal type but I guess you never know.

Imagine being Trump's chief of staff while actually giving a fuck about this country. A man can only endure just so much of it.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Imagine being Trump's chief of staff while actually giving a fuck about this country. A man can only endure just so much of it.

Are you saying the Trump administration are full of sheep in men's clothing?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Are you saying the Trump administration are full of sheep in men's clothing?

With some exceptions, I'm sure, it's full of outright grifters & con artists all vying for the blessing of the mad & mercurial Great Leader.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Turns out, no one much cares working for a boss whose favorite managerial catchphrase is "You're fired!"

Who knew?

Reactions: nickqt

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I wonder who the next courageous soul that's willing to try to rein Trump in and knock some sense into him.

My guess is the only guy that can do it is Mueller and it won't be from the Chief of Staff's position that he'll do it from.

Trump may as well put Kushner or Jr. in the slot because if anyone tries to do what the Chief of Staff's job description actually calls for, they're going to get gang banged by the Trump Clan like they did to Kelly because nobody but nobody tells the Trumps that they're a family of entitled arrogant wealthy morons and gets away with it.

By now it's pretty obvious that the Trump Clan's singular intent is to leverage their jobs in the White House so as to wring every cent they can get out of it before they get evicted/convicted. They don't know how to do anything else let alone make the necessary sacrifices the office calls for.

I mean is it even remotely imaginable that the Trumps would be able to be compassionate and genuinely concerned for the downtrodden and destitute of the nation when all they see are peasants constantly begging for handouts from them?

They have no idea how to run a country and it painfully shows up on a daily/hourly basis. Trump is hard wired for making a buck at every opportunity that presents itself. it's all he knows and even then he's been a miserable failure at it. Just ask all of the American banks that refuse to back Trump's schemes. They know that Trump is too much of a risk and this is the reason why Trump has gone and got his ass owned by Putin and the Saudi Royals.

He's a clear and willing victim of Kompromat for the sake of chasing that almighty dollar. He's incompetent. His only concern is what he can get out of the job he now holds and it just so happens to be the boss of everybody.

That's some scary shit right there.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

Nobody else wants the job so what's a daddy president gonna do except hire his son-in-law of whom along with Jr. and Ivanka were already running things at the White House the way their daddy runs his business: with iron fists hammering any and all who even looks at them "the wrong way" right down into the dirt.

Showing respect and compassion for the hired help is not something that the Trump Clan is known for, nor is listening to good advice from those folks with decades more experience than all of the Trumps combined.

With so much to hide and attitudes that speaks to arrogance, hubris and entitlement, the Trumps have progressively isolated themselves from the body politic in order to keep on operating the only way they know how: cheat, lie and scam their way into more wealth first and foremost and if there's any time left over, go back to running that confidence scheme on the Repub base gullibles, and if there's still time after that get some more rallies going to keep that hate and fear in their supporters at the boiling point.