Help w/ a TV

SnipeMasterJ13

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
Does anyone know the difference between the 32" FD Trinitron® WEGA® TV KV-32FS120 and the 32" Hi-Scan® FD Trinitron® WEGA® TV KV-32HS420?

I currently have the first one, and am looking to get the second one(HD). But, when I research on different sites, on the list of Trinitrons, some say the HD Tuner is built right in, while others say the Tuner is required to watch HD programs, and nothing is said about this specific one.

It has the HDMI(High-Def Multimedia Interface) in connection on the back of the tv, along with HD/DVD IN (1080i/720p/480p/480i). It says you can connect a DVD player or set-top box to either of these. What is the difference between those two connections? Also, I'm told it is capable of HD programs such as Discovery HD, HBO HD and things like that w/o the HD Tuner, but I am still curious as to why nothing is said about it anywhere about the tuner being built in/required. Does anyone know for sure what the deal is with this tv? Will I be able to watch HD programs w/o buying the HD Tuner that is said to be required for other HDTVs?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: SnipeMasterJ13
Does anyone know the difference between the 32" FD Trinitron® WEGA® TV KV-32FS120 and the 32" Hi-Scan® FD Trinitron® WEGA® TV KV-32HS420?

I currently have the first one, and am looking to get the second one(HD). But, when I research on different sites, on the list of Trinitrons, some say the HD Tuner is built right in, while others say the Tuner is required to watch HD programs, and nothing is said about this specific one.

It has the HDMI(High-Def Multimedia Interface) in connection on the back of the tv, along with HD/DVD IN (1080i/720p/480p/480i). It says you can connect a DVD player or set-top box to either of these. What is the difference between those two connections? Also, I'm told it is capable of HD programs such as Discovery HD, HBO HD and things like that w/o the HD Tuner, but I am still curious as to why nothing is said about it anywhere about the tuner being built in/required. Does anyone know for sure what the deal is with this tv? Will I be able to watch HD programs w/o buying the HD Tuner that is said to be required for other HDTVs?

Tube TVs :)

SnipeMasterJ13

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
That does not have the specific tv I was looking at. Only the widescreens and a 27", which says requires the Tuner for HD reception.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
That does not have the specific tv I was looking at. Only the widescreens and a 27", which says requires the Tuner for HD reception.

Click the link that says, "Show all 20 items," ;)

SnipeMasterJ13

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

I did, and I do not see a 32" tv in that list. Looked it over a few times, still nothing. Am I missing something?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

I did, and I do not see a 32" tv in that list. Looked it over a few times, still nothing. Am I missing something?

Maybe because the models you listed don't exist anymore SnipeMasterJ13, I gave you a link that was close ;)

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
I'm 90 percent certain that it doesn't have an HD tuner built-in. That said, if you are going to be getting HBO HD, you'll have an HD set-top box from your cable or satellite provider and you won't need an HD tuner. Tuners are only needed to receive over-the-air HD signals (from your local ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and PBS affiliates).

Both HDMI and component inputs can transmit an HD signal. HDMI is all-digital, so theoretically that's your best bet when it comes to picture quality, but either connection will probably look great. You'll want a DVD player with a minimum of progressive scan (480p) to go along with your new TV.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
TV I'm wondering about

Told you, lol, I messed that one up pretty bad, I fixed it, and this one ^ should work too.

How so?

SnipeMasterJ13

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
TV I'm wondering about

Told you, lol, I messed that one up pretty bad, I fixed it, and this one ^ should work too.

How so?

I first linked to this exact thread, because i forgot to switch pages and get the other URL, but i fixed it in both posts now....erasing all evidence of me not knowing what im doing....:)