Help w/ 2.4c overclocking basics?

Gast

Jan 29, 2003
I was wondering if someone would walk me through the process of overclocking this p4, or post a site that would. 'Tis been a while since I have oc'ed anything. The last thing I oc'ed was the P 1/pro series and my K5. I have the MSI 655 Max board with 512 megs of PC2700 ram on 2-256 sticks. I'm using the SLK900u with a Tornado on it (I paid ~45 for the HS/F setup so I'm not going to complain about the noise). I know my way around the bios, so what I'm really looking for are the stock settings (for some reason my "fuzzy logic" says the processor is only 1.2ghz ???) and how I should play with them. Thanks. -Gast

Slammy1

Platinum Member
Apr 8, 2003
I don't believe that MB can support that processor. Some of the Granite Bay will, I know, but you're running an 800MHz FSB chip on a 533FSB board, so good luck.

Slammy1

Platinum Member
Apr 8, 2003
You need a P4B processor, I'm pretty sure. Quick Google search turned up nothing, but maybe someone here with a GB running a C-series processor could explain. Seems like you'd need some very specific details on voltage issues and such, and I apologize that I'm not good enough to provide that support. You may need to ask MSI tech support, look through their faqs. I did another search on Google with different terms but didn't find anything.