Help! Unable to play older games on 955DF

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Hello,
I have been unable to play games like Starcraft, Warcraft, Fallout, Fallout2, Red Alert, and such WIN 95/98 based games since I started using my new Samsung Monitor 955DF. I tried updating video drivers (ATI Radeon 32MB SDR), monitor drivers, and game patches, and I'm running Win98se. I checked all the above mention games sites for a fix, plus ATI & Samsung tech support online. I not sure what to do next short of building a P100 machine to play these games on.

Do you have any suggestions? Or better yet, do you know how to fix this?

dude

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
There's absolutely no way in all hell that a monitor can be the cause of your not being able to load games. Unless the game was set to run at 2048x1280 and your monitor doesn't support that resolution and goes out of sync. That or the refresh for the games are set too high. In that case, edit the ini files.

But the above is unlikely since it happens to all you games.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Press the power button to turn the monitor on.

Hey! I don't have a lot of information to go on here to help. IE, The actual symptoms.

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
I don't have a problem loading or playing the games, what I have a problem with is double vision on the monitor or ghost images. I don't experience this concern with my 17" Monitor connected to my computer. I'm not getting any error messages and my monitor IS turned on, I think. ;)

The base resolution for these games is 640x480 default without an option to change them. This doesn't happen with all my games, all of my newer games work just fine. I.E. Age of Empires II, Homeworld, SOF, Serious Sam I, Dungeon Siege, CFSII & Elite Force among others.