Help.. Trouble with Asus CUSL2 Black Pearl Motherboard

AndrewChong

Dec 17, 2001
the system is working fine.... then i change my video card from a GF2 GTS to a KyroII.. i noticed that after installing the KyroII Drivers windows hangs on startup after the user logon screen.... so i went into bios and disbable the Video ROM shadow option.... after reboot.. the system refuses to start

why are there no jumper on asus mainboard's for shorting/resetting the bios ? judging from the system ...there's no error beep... feels like the system is running normalyy and i get a blank screen (grayish)

i tried reverting back to the GTS and an old PCI Vga card... but that didn't help

Intel P3 933Mhz
192MB PC133SDRAM
Asus CUSL2-C Black Pearl Mobo
Kyro II Video Card

GonzoDaGr8

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2001
There is 2 small solder bumps on the mobo you need to short with a screwdriver or equivalent..Real small writing that says "clr cmos"

CoDerEd

Jul 10, 2001
<<There is 2 small solder bumps on the mobo you need to
short with a screwdriver or equivalent..Real small writing that says "clr cmos" >>

yeah those are located close to the battery, i believe.
i had asus a7v133 and that's the only thing i hate.
probably they meant to build a system that will never make an error.

AndrewChong

Dec 17, 2001
hm... it seems that the mobo is really working.... during the boot a get a black gray screen... but when i press del.. the screen will flicker once which means i entered the bios... then if i press ESC , then "Y" then enter... my computers resets... which means i exit bios setup

Marine

Jan 27, 2000
Why don't you put you GTS video card back in and see what happens? Whoops, read you already tried that. Did you clear the CMOS as suggested?