Which brand?

• Sapphire

• Gigabyte

• PowerColor

Results are only viewable after voting.

contacted

Apr 25, 2012
Hi,

I'm planning to get a AMD HD 7850 OC Edition in my new rig real soon. My first choice is gonna be MSI's R7850 Twin Frozr 2GB, but currently there is a shortage of available stock for that particular model, which brand would you recommend as my second choice?

SAPPHIRE HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5 - Reviewed well, but 2 years warranty

Gigabyte (GV-R785OC-2GD ) - 3 years warranty but read some comments that it runs a little loud

PowerColor PCS+ HD7850 2GB GDDR5, 3 year warranty and it has a 1000mhz core clock speed, compared to 900 (MSI), 975 (Gigabyte) and 920 (Sapphire). Just based on specs alone, does that mean it'll be the fasted out of the above 3? And is only a single fan for cooling a cause for concern?

THANKS in advance.. :D

Feb 19, 2009
Got Sapphire non OC ($10 cheaper!).

Don't bother with pre-OC versions.

Gigabyte twin-fan one has a very annoying noise, avoid. Also if you plan to OC, MSI, Asus or Sapphire ones are known to run cool and quiet under OCs.

contacted

Apr 25, 2012
Got Sapphire non OC ($10 cheaper!).

Don't bother with pre-OC versions.

Gigabyte twin-fan one has a very annoying noise, avoid. Also if you plan to OC, MSI, Asus or Sapphire ones are known to run cool and quiet under OCs.

Ah.. But I'm a total noob at OC, but might tinker around with OC, would you still recommend to get the pre-OC versions? And I believe retailers here mostly have the pre-OC versions.

Can you get an Asus over there?

Yes, its not widely available, but I do see some retailers listing them. More specifically: Asus HD 7850 DirectCII Top

contacted

Apr 25, 2012
I would just get the twin frozerr and oced it myself
That would be ideal..

Anyway my retailer does have the Asus version in stock. So my 1st choice will still be MSI Twin Fozr then Asus DCII. Thanks all for the input.

Can I 'sidetrack' a little, say I'm planning to crossfire the 7850 in the future when I feel my setup can't catch up with modern games, will that change in any of the opinions given?