help!temps too high after changing setup.

jimpatrick

Nov 29, 2011
i spent all day working on my rig so that h100 radiator will be outside(like this one).around 4pm i got everything up so the,first thing i did run linx,my rig throttled down :( i change clock to 4.5ghz run linx.now im getting 20c higher than before on 4.5ghz!quickly checked thermal paste,its applied correctly.booted system back still @4.5 same results.day is almost over still i cant think of any reason why the temp is so high compared before,the guy on the link got lower temps after moving radiator.the only reason i can think of would be the thermal paste,i removed old stock paste,made sure its clean then applied new one but as ive mention earlier it looks fine when i checked it.im afraid to clock back to 5ghz for now and i dont want to be stuck at 4.5ghz,any idea what went wrong?thanks in advance.

SAM_0114.jpg

forgive the wires for now.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What kinda TIM are you using? The stock TIM is suppost to be of very high quality.

Maybe bad connection to the pump? Using the same power source still?

Sometimes messing with a good thing doesn't work out as intended.

jimpatrick

Nov 29, 2011
this for nt-h1 was not available that time.i reapplied the paste just to make sure i got it correctly,same thing.tried to clock back @5ghz compared to temps before moving radiator idle is now 2-3c higher and 10-15c w/ linx.sent the dude from ocn a message just to be sure.checked fans and everything no issues.ill try adding 2 fans on top tomorrow,only problem w/ that is where would those get power?:confused:

Last edited:

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Are your fans pushing through a grill and then through the radiator? If so, that is why. You are cutting your CFM in half that way.

jimpatrick

Nov 29, 2011
tried to check profile as well,already set to max.

yeah grills,after thinking about it seems to be the only valid reason if not can the cool master tim be so bad that it cause the temps to go high?

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
tried to check profile as well,already set to max.

yeah grills,after thinking about it seems to be the only valid reason if not can the cool master tim be so bad that it cause the temps to go high?

Coolermaster TIM isn't half bad. It wouldn't cause your temps to skyrocket.

jimpatrick

Nov 29, 2011
oh okay,i got no experience w/tims.ill just try to reposition h100 next week.any good push n pull fans that you can recommend?ill add them just to be sure.