HELP! Problem downloading mod with 7 zip

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Is it me, 7 zip, Firefox or??? I have downloaded many mods for Oblivian, and they usually download in zip format. No problem. However two mods are downloading as PDF files, and of course cannot be opened with anything, including PDF. The mod I want is "Realistic Leveling". Tried 3x and always ends up as a zip/PDF file.D: Why is this happening???

The Wife

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
did the file assassination some how get changed in the browser or in the os, can you rename the file after downloading it and see if it works?

that or
the file at the hosting site is corrupt.

those would be the two most likely issues

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Can you confirm what the file extension is? If it's really a PDF, then that doesn't make any sense. The .PDF extension is typically reserved for Adobe Acrobat documents.

Where are you downloading the mods from? Is it a reputable website?

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Can you confirm what the file extension is? If it's really a PDF, then that doesn't make any sense. The .PDF extension is typically reserved for Adobe Acrobat documents.
Downloading from Oblivian Nexus mods. File says PDF with a (7 zip) in parenthesis at the end of a string of numbers. Makes no sense to me, either.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
O.K. I finally got it to work...7 zip did open it, but it took a lot of trial and error to figure it out and get it installed into mod manager. This must be a new way of sending things? (or I just never encountered this before). A word document and a zip file was in the same PDF, but of course it wasn't really just a PDF...?
Anyway, thanks for the help.

The Wife