Help plz, I'm About to go to Disney World!

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Could you guys help me out here? I'm looking for some sites that'll give me more info on a package deal to Orlando FL (Disney to be exact). I've seen sites that give you the best prices on the package deals (air fare, hotels, etc....), any help? How much should I expect to spend for 3 adults and one child? I'll need a package for somewhere around 5-7 days, and is it best/cheapest to lodge @ Disney or somewhere else close by?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
bump ^

Sorry, i would help but all the deals are different for me since I live in florida. Most of the parks down here (cept Disney) give us a free year pass just for buying a one day admission. :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Google is your friend.

Use different keywords like travel, disney world, epcot, etc.

Tates

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2000
You might PM Golfreak....He works at Disneyworld.

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
Bah, i'm still bitter over the fact that Disney World didn't have Matterhorn :disgust:

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
it will be cheaper to stay out of disney, for sure...disney hotels are quite expensive, but also quite nice...depends on your wants. if you're just looking for lodging to stay for the night, then look at buena vista and along international drive, plenty of good deals to be had. i'm not sure as far as complete package deals for you though, i'm from there so its a lil hard to know what average prices are anymore. i can tell you that it won't be too cheap, nothing down in disney area is, but it is pretty fun. if you have some specific questions about the area and certain hotels, pm me and i'll let you know whatever i possibly can:)

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
If you want to go with less expensive lodging, try one of the Disney All-Star Sport/Music/Movie hotels--they are very reasonable
AND you can take free Disney transportation from there.

(Driving will get you lost and frustrated, fer sure).

Disney Value Resorts

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
oh, i'm sure disney themselves have some package deals as far as hotel, food and park passes, but not sure if they do anything with air travel in those packages. i know that of all the corporations around, if there's a way to make it so they can get all your money in one deal, disney of all of them, would be the first to do it, so definitely give the disney travel center a look
check disney travel

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
Look no further

This is the best travel forum on the web:

.http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

I used them when I needed to plan a trip to Virginia. I read about the lowest bids on priceline that worked and I read reviews on the hotels they stayed at. It is the best forum I have ever seen if you need a deal on traveling.

By using this web site as a guide, I scored a 4 star hotel for $35 a night. There are lots of deals for people heading to Disney.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Try looking in the Kissimmee area. There are a bunch of cheap hotels there, but lower class. If you want everything really easy to get to, get a disney resort or something around lake buena vista, or something on 192. Avoid I-Drive, Airport, and downtown Orlando like the plague. I-Drive has nice hotels for conventions and walking, but traffic is a real PITA. The place is a damn tourist trap, only places good there are some restaurants. Airport is easily accessable, but probably won't be cheap, and going to Disney will take a good 45 minutes or more during the best of conditions, and ya gotta pay tolls back and forth. Downtown has ass, there aren't really any hotels, plus it takes at least an hour or more to get to Disney, even if you stay on expressways.

Driving isn't frustrating if you're just going into Disney and back. But beware, Orlando has it's fair share of traffic, urban sprawl with old roads, road rage, and worst of all, stupid friggin foreign (and some domestic) tourists who can't drive.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
mflacy, if that's bidding on priceline, aren't you stuck with what you get--like it or not?

BTW, Orlando has the highest accident rate for a good reason. Tourists everywhere, driving crazy cuz there're looking, lost, frustrated, or mad.
If you drive, you'll regret it. Don't ruin your day before you even get to your destination!

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001

<< mflacy, if that's bidding on priceline, aren't you stuck with what you get--like it or not? >>

Yes, but the point of the forum is to show you what your going to get.

I knew I was going to get that particular 4 star hotel because I had read about others who did exactly the same as me. There was no suprise involved.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

<< Look no further

This is the best travel forum on the web:

.http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

I used them when I needed to plan a trip to Virginia. I read about the lowest bids on priceline that worked and I read reviews on the hotels they stayed at. It is the best forum I have ever seen if you need a deal on traveling.

By using this web site as a guide, I scored a 4 star hotel for $35 a night. There are lots of deals for people heading to Disney.
>>

Thank you for that website, it's awesome!

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Check out http://www.wdwinfo.com/

It's more of a general info site, but they do have information on great specials as well as some forums that are almost as active as this one where people give advice, share deals, etc. We'll be going on the 7 day DisneyWorld/Disney Cruise combo in late May.

Mitzi

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2001

<< ......and worst of all, stupid friggin foreign (and some domestic) tourists who can't drive. >>

:( I am planning on coming to the States for a fly drive next year when I turn 25. I guess I'll be one of those [/i]stupid friggin foreign tourists[/i]! I can drive, promise! Besides, its your own fault, driving on the wrong side of the road'n'all :)