Help picking an FPS

Bonger

Apr 23, 2001
Hi,

I haven't played a new FPS since Call of Duty. I'd like to pick up a new one and I'm sure there have been a TON of good ones since COD.

Here are the paramaters:

It needs to be able to be played on my outdated PC. I'm running an 1800+ with a AGP Geforce 4 and 1 gig of RAM with onboard sound.

I LOVE great stat keeping. Maybe something with like awards for the day, and overall stats like where I rank all time in deifferent stats. I alsdo love looking at stat breakdowns etc. If any games have that built in, that would be a huge plus.

An active online community. Odds are, I'll play ingle player for 20 min and then hop online. So having a ton of players and lots of servers would be awesome.

An MMOFPS would be great as it would combine my 2 great game loves. However, I did not like Planetside, with the no headshots and what not.

A minimum or no hacking. Ofcourse, hackers ruin the game. I would love to stay clear of them.

I don't care about monthly fees as long as the game is good.

I hate 'nade spam fests. So a game with subdued explosives would be god.

Setting is not too important. WW2 era, futuristic, w/e, all the same to me.

Thanks so much. I sure do appreciate it!!

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I think BF2 pretty much fits your bill. But you will need to run it with all the settings on lowest on that machine.

Bonger

Apr 23, 2001
I tried out the free version of BF2 as I thought the same as well. However, something about it didn't quite do it for me. I think I need faster action.

I actually for Unreal 2K4 when it first came out. It was hacked a lot at the time. Is tht resolved now?

Bonger

Apr 23, 2001
I tried out the free version of BF2 as I thought the same as well. However, something about it didn't quite do it for me. I think I need faster action.

I actually for Unreal 2K4 when it first came out. It was hacked a lot at the time. Is tht resolved now?

Bonger

Apr 23, 2001

snoturtle

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2001
Counter Strike Source or Day of Defeat Source

Both are fun and should run well on that machine

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: snoturtle
Counter Strike Source or Day of Defeat Source

Both are fun and should run well on that machine

Especially Day of Defeat. Very fast-paced action.