HELP: PC not booting & keeps turning on & off

Discussion in 'CPUs and Overclocking' started by prankster, Oct 10, 2009.

1. prankster

prankster Member

Hi guys,

Need some helps here.

I got a prototype Intel Core 2 Extreme from my brother(he works for intel). I installed the chip into my PC (WIN7 Ultimate (real one :)), C2Quad Q9450, Corsair PSU TX650Watt, Asus P5Q-E, 4GB).

I checked all my hardware specs and they all support C2X. I double checked all the connectors and I didn't miss anything.

So after that, my PC keeps turning on & off without showing BIOS screen. Then, I changed the CPU back to Q9450 and everything worked just fine.

Infact, my Q9450 is also a prototype that didn't pass the quality control. And so does my new CPU.

Is this a faulty CPU?
    Is there anyway to find out if the CPU is the culprit?

I don't wanna return the chip to my brother. Well, I will return it if he could give me a better one. :)

Please help me on this one! I really appreciate it.

Note:
    My C2X chip doesn't have the common label. All it says:

INTEL CONFIDENTIAL
    QJEE ES MALAY
    L816A829

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - booting turning Forum Date
    Installed new cpu, no video signal? CPUs and Overclocking Apr 3, 2017
    G3258 OC Gigabyte H97N Wifi M-ITX Boot loop CPUs and Overclocking Mar 30, 2017
    [SOLVED] Cpu upgrade - post and display but no boot (win 10) CPUs and Overclocking Feb 8, 2017
    Computer locking up in the middle of booting. CPUs and Overclocking Aug 28, 2016
    System won't boot...turns off after few seconds CPUs and Overclocking Feb 11, 2006

3. faxon

faxon Platinum Member

You should obstruct the serial from it. If intel sees that they can track it back to him and he won't be happy

4. Gillbot

Gillbot Lifer

try and set the voltages manually, if it still won't run it may be defective.

5. prankster

prankster Member

I'm not familiar with adjusting the voltage. I can't even go into the BIOS. It turns on & off w/o showing anything on screen.

6. prankster

prankster Member

It's not like he stole it or something, every employee can get a defective chip every year. So I think Intel doesn't care if he gave it to me. But yeah, just to be safe, I removed the picture and serial number.