Help motivate me!

blustori

Mar 2, 2005
Hey, this is like my 3rd week of classes and I am already feeling overloaded. Was/Is it the same with you guys? In my EE classes, I have no idea what the professors are talking about half of the time. I have to resort to the textbook to understand what they are saying...

A big change from first year is that I literally do not have time for any activities. Is it all worth it in the end? The only thing that is keeping me going is my dream of getting a convertible when/if I get a decent job/pay.

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
you just need friends that can sit around do homework with you and ask questions. You need a friend that motivated about EE like you are.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
yea i felt the same way, but i stayed up all night 2 nights ago and did all my homework and now im caught up. it's not that bad. but if you don't understand most of the stuff you got a long way to go.

blustori

Mar 2, 2005
2nd year, I'm just going to go through with it. Its just that I've never had so much work in my life!

sonz70

Banned
Apr 19, 2005
Ritalin, Yellow Jackets, and a ephedrine and wash it all down with a Red Bull....you will be going !

There won't be any jobs for you when you get out of school.
So you'll end up doing something else.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: SampSon
There won't be any jobs for you when you get out of school.
So you'll end up doing something else.

You want fries with that?

blahblah99

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2000
I'm an EE, was making 60k+ a year. Job was fun at first, but got bored of it quick so now I own my own business (EE and designing products) and is much more challenging and fun.

If you can survive through undergrad in EE with a 3.0+ GPA, you'll be pretty well off in life.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
get motivated or you may be posting from the unemployment office while waiting for your government assistence check while your 2 snot nosed kids are running around terrorizing everyone else in the office and your wife is calling out orders at the local Waffle House.

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: blustori
In my EE classes, I have no idea what the professors are talking about half of the time. I have to resort to the textbook to understand what they are saying...

Yeah, that tends to happen sometimes :).

But to be honest, I swear I must be the only person in ECE who has never stayed up all night doing homework. Just make sure you don't procrastinate on things and you'll be fine.

It's a lot of work sometimes, but hopefully you at least find it interesting.

cressida

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2000
Lol you want to buy a convertible when you graduate? Should of done pharmacy or something!

MasterAndCommander

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2004
Originally posted by: blustori
Hey, this is like my 3rd week of classes and I am already feeling overloaded. Was/Is it the same with you guys? In my EE classes, I have no idea what the professors are talking about half of the time. I have to resort to the textbook to understand what they are saying...

A big change from first year is that I literally do not have time for any activities. Is it all worth it in the end? The only thing that is keeping me going is my dream of getting a convertible when/if I get a decent job/pay.

Are you kidding? What about the hot engineering babes? :D

I know the feeling all to well- went through it twice for Mech Eng and Comp Sci. Best thing I did to overcome that overwhelmed feeling was to form circle of friends where we would meet after class and work on assignments...though it got harder to make friends when I had to work full time and go to school part time. Hang in there. Yes it's worth it.

So what kind of convertible ya getting? The Twin-Turbo Mk IV Supra was my dream while in school...but reality forced me to get a Camry instead :laugh: