• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Help me with my multi monitor setup

moneer

Aug 13, 2014
plus.google.com
Hey folks.
So I currently have two monitors. One happens to be 1440x900. The other is 1080p. I am on Windows 10. And I need help with setting this up.
I would like to have both displays display at their fullest resolution when mirroring, so far I haven't had much luck with that.

Also I would like to have games that go to full screen display on my second monitor when I'm using the "extended" option. Can anyone help guide me?

Ps. I love AT. best tech forum honestly.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
In mirroring mode (Duplicate) the resolution on all displays must be the same.

Things that go into full screen will always do so on the main monitor. You can switch which one is the main monitor in the Display Settings, Monitor Tab. There will be a check box saying 'This is my main monitor'.

If you want them open on the secondary monitor the best way to go about it is to change the game to full screen windowed mode and then move the window to that monitor. When you close the game Windows should remember what monitor the game was on and open it there next time.

paperwastage

Golden Member
May 25, 2010
Also I would like to have games that go to full screen display on my second monitor when I'm using the "extended" option. Can anyone help guide me?

Ps. I love AT. best tech forum honestly.
depends on the game. for steam games I run with options "-windowed -noborder"

perhaps use something like extended monitor + DisplayFusion (mirror program/screen)... uses your CPU though

ASK THE COMMUNITY